1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Kiirus Tuning - 22bhp gain!

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by amit, Jun 26, 2010.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Sounds like we have something better then Pete's and cheaper too! This month's ACI has a Kiirus remapped Punto 75bhp which shows , in their words , tremendous improvements over the stock Punto. While ACI is not sure of the BHP gain, Kiirus website says the remap will give you 22bhp more which means your stock 75bhp Punto will now boast of 97bhp while your VGT Linea will pump out a healthy 115bhp! All this at a price of Rs.19,000 + taxes!

What about the more important Torque? For the Punto FGT there is some discrepancy. Kiirus claims the torque goes from 190Nm to 235Nm but the Punto actually has torque of 197Nm.

Both bhp and torque show better results then Pete's at a cheaper price. Kiirus website clalims the remap takes about 6 - 8 hours to do.

Check out the details here:

http://www.geridonmez.com/abischek/en/detay.asp?ProdID=700

PS: While discussing this topic, do keep in mind that this is a open forum.
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Do we have somthing like this for petrol engines as well?
  3. rabbil

rabbil

Mumbai
    yaa what about the 1.4 90bhp petrol......
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This point about remapping (using Pete's kit) had come up in the earlier Googlegroup. I had given the link to a web page http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/fiat-gra ... to-22.html.

This is part of a long write up on the Fiat GP. What comes out is that the 75 BHP 1.3 MJD has a gearbox capable of handling only 21 NM torque. They use a different gearbox on the 90 BHP 1.3 MJD which can handle up to 230NM torque.This write up also brings out the differences between the 75 & 90 BHP 1.3 MJD (more than just the VGT).

I am not sure what type of gearboxes Fiat India has used on the Punto & the Linea. However, if the Deshi Punto gearbox has such a torque limitation, then, then in my opinion, one needs to be careful about remapping the engine, especially since the Kiirus website states that the torque will increase from 190 to 235 NM.

Johnny
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Minor correction to my last post.

The max torque value for the gearbox of 75 BHP 1.3 MJD is 21 kgm, and not 21 NM.

Johnny
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Something new Amit... I'd be happy to check the car with this.. I guess its better than Pete's..
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I believe after reading the Kiirus site, it is possible to tailor the chip according to your requirement. Now if we mention to the Kiirus guys that we want more FE , possibly they can tune it for that and the driveability in city. We can agree to restrict the max speed to 120, so that the gear box is not loaded or the parameters set for good FE stretched. This combination could be a good offer from kiirus. Imagine a 20+ FE in city in the Punto :)
  8. I guess the only drawback with the tailor made chip would be the FIAT ECU scanning would raise flags for your warranty, on the other end Pete's box will not raise any flags during the scan. Traditionally the remapping makes more sense, but the only caution is in regards to warranty.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I've a Petrol Linea. But I read some technical stuff on the subject which said that remapping is better than using tuning chips. Shall try to bring in the expert here.
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    VP Remapping is better anytime than adding any tuning chips.. I'd stated earlier itself if i get a TASS tech guy who is ready to remap my ECU similar to the linea MJD nothing like it..