1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Kiirus Remap for Punto 1.4

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by RaviInTfi, Nov 13, 2015.

1. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hello TFiians,

Does anyone here have experience with a Kiirus remap for the Punto 1.4 ? AFAIK, there are a few who have remapped the Linea 1.4 and have they seem to have considerable praise for the improvement. Punto 1.4 being lighter, could actually give better results.

http://www.kiirus.in/at-logo46.html

Gain seems to be pretty good for the price:

punto 1.4 petrolPower (PS@rpm) 90PS @6000rpm Torque (Nm@rpm) 115Nm @4500rpmplus 9bhp,
    13nm torque

Surprisingly the Punto 1.2 also gets the same benefit (inspite of it being a different engine)!
    I would wonder how this is possible unless the ECU and its SW are similar and the same set of changes are done to the "maps". Even then the 8V 1.2 cannot really get so much of increase in power..

punto petrol 1.2Power (PS@rpm) 68PS @6000rpm Torque (Nm@rpm) 96Nm @2500rpmplus 9bhp,
    13nm torque
    Raaz likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Viezu also remaps Punto 1.2 and 1.4 with similar gains (and is cheaper) but in real world conditions you won't find much difference. I am not disuading you, but a remap on a NA engine isn't that cost effective.

But yes a remap coupled with FFE and performance air filter might produce some difference but again it won't be cost effective.
  3. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Mumbai
    Linea Classic
    i have heard, one cannot remap a NA engine. but is it possible to add more bhp to 1.4 F.I.R.E. engine ?
    i dont know what is the difference between ECU remap and Tuning or what is about adding Turbocharger.

(pardon the novice.) :nailbiting:
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    One can remap a NA engine but the gains aren't great so it isn't cost effective. Having said that there are people who have got their Linea 1.4 remapped and are happy. Read it on t-bhp.
    AmeyKhedekar likes this.
  5. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Good info and points @Turbothinghly. We feel the difference only when there is additional torque at low rpms! - exactly the effect produced by a turbo. So if Kiirus remap can give me that 13Nm torque across the real usable rpm range there could be some effect. Should check their torque-rpm curve

Btw, just to note Viezo gains are more modest:
    Power increase - Performance remap - 5 BHP
    Torque Increase- Performance remap - 9 Nm

But I see that they work on the tuning for Europe (base of 95bhp) and their tuning does not void insurance.
    Turbothinghy and AmeyKhedekar like this.
  6. Saurabh Gharat

Saurabh Gharat Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    remap a turbo charged engine and eureka, the power out put goes up by 30%. did it on my linea tjet but i feel now it need far better tires and a little stiffer suspension