1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

KHT Fiat Caffe Refusing to give extended warranty

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by rebelrajiv, Apr 24, 2015.

1. rebelrajiv

rebelrajiv Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't think its happening. Have checked with SA multipel times without any conclusive answer.

@Saji Babu Share the same problem man. EW was one of the comfort factors.

I am not very eager on taking money back. Just want the EW. That's all.
  2. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, EW is not happening
    Got this reply from Mangesh today..

The website still shows EW :(

Sir ,

Thank you for your communication , at present we have discontinued our extended warranty product ,we are working on same to re-introduce , will share details in due course of time , till then we request to please bear with us .

Mangesh Kodalkar
    Head- CRM & Customer Care

upload_2015-10-15_15-41-58.png
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Saji,

The last I know is the deal between FIAT and the third part insurer for the EW did not strike well and there is no clarity on when would this take off.
    Anyways we have 3 years at hand for now and in case they can get thins moving in the meanwhile, we can always opt for the same.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yea, I got in touch with Mangesh in between. He mentioned that EW is still under discussions.
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, There is no more EW on fiat cars. They have been telling "Its still under discussion" from last 6 months.
    Its safe to assume that EW is discontinued!
  6. Ansal

Ansal Timido

Kottayam, Kearala
    Kottayam, Kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3
    The extended warranty seems still unavailable. My punto is 11 months old and more than 13k kms now. Got the second free service done last week, asked about EW, service adviser said its no longer available. Wrote a mail to fiat, they replied they have stopped it temporarily for some legal issues. The fiat website still proudly mentions it though.
  7. Anirudha Mukerjee

Anirudha Mukerjee Novizio

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Hi guys,
    Any update on the availability of Extended warranty from Fiat?
    I asked KHT guys (both Domlur and Whitefield) in Feb 2016 when I had my first service scheduled. Neither sales or service guys had a clear idea on when the extended warranty will be available from. Please note, I went through a similar exercise about 5 months back when my car was a month old. It wasn't available then as well.
    Is there any indication that fiat is shying away from providing extended warranty?
    Is this a case only in Bangalore? Can anyone from other cities seeking EW please let know your experiences.
  8. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    It is not dependent on the city where you stay. Extended warranty is not available at present. :(
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    it makes sense as fiat removed the EW. First of all they are not selling in high numbers and if fiat covers these cars with EW for 5 years, how they gonna make Money ?? :D