1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

KHT Fiat Caffe Refusing to give extended warranty

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by rebelrajiv, Apr 24, 2015.

1. sivaramks

sivaramks Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I purchased a year back (June 2014).
    I am keep checking with SA regarding EW.
    But no update as of now.

Need to check with FCA.

If any other option, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    From what I know, FIAT is yet to finalize an agreement with the 3rd party vendor to issue extended warranty. In my case the EW was taken at the time of purchase of the car however the same was not updated in the central system as the issue between FIAT and the vendor just started. After some follow ups FIAT responded and since I already have a valid certificate they updated the needed information in their system, another Linea owner Dr Santosh too had a similar experience and now his car's EW and it is now updated.
    So from my understanding folks who are wanting to buy EW now might have to wait for some more time.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    my strong feeling is that FIAT has discontinued Extended Warranty. All these 'Need time to sort out the issue' is just a gimmick. I just hope FIAT will prove me wrong!
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    True Deepak,
    EW was one of the strongest selling points for FIAT and they would be hitting a another nail on their own coffin if they discontinue the same. let's hope the best and as usual hold on for some more time with more patience.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Deepak likes this.
  5. adit

adit Regolare

Bangalore
    extended warranty issues have been resolved. Kindly check with your dealers for the same. I don't have all the info as i have been out of the country for a while but please speak to your SA in KHT and in case of any difficulty mail me on adit_morzaria@khtfiatcaffe.com
    Saji Babu and pdash like this.
  6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Adit,
    This is indeed good news. Is this applicable for customers who purchased after March 2015?
    I got delivery of a Linea Emotion MJD from KHT White field in April 2015. It was billed on 31st March. I was told that the EW is available, and it was one of the deciding factors to buy. But later came to know it was stopped, when I tried to purchase the EW :(

Mr. Irshad from KHT whitefield was helping me in my purchase. Had a good experience overall except this EW issue which came from Fiat management.

Regards,
    Saji
  7. adit

adit Regolare

Bangalore
    ok my mistake. after checking the details here is the actual scene. All previous issues and disputes have been resolved by Fiat. The plate is cleaned up. Now they are working on the new EW polcies and it should be rolled out soon
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Thanks Adit for the clarification. :)

Abarth logo has come really nice at Caffe
  9. adit

adit Regolare

Bangalore
    Deepak likes this.
  10. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore