1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

KHT Fiat Caffe Refusing to give extended warranty

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by rebelrajiv, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  2. rebelrajiv

rebelrajiv Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @Deepak Nothing as of now, KHT has asked me to take the money back and try taking the extended warranty after 15000 Kms. Yet to decide whether I should take the refund or stay put. Any suggestions?
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Last time when i spoke to SA @KHT (april'15) he said it will take 2 months to sort out the issue. i'm just worried whether FIAT has removed Ext warranty on new vehicles :( not sure though.
    i suggest to wait for one more month in your case.
  4. sree rama kumar

sree rama kumar Timido

Chennai
    Linea 1.4
    I too have similar experience but with Ramkay FIAT Chennai. I was told that it will some time for this issue as FIAT is trying offer warranty by themselves instead of from insurers. But the FIAT web site continues to say extended warranty is available.

I have contacted FIAT customer care. they said no extended warranty is available now. they don't have visibility about future availability
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    From my sources, Fiat is having turmoil with the third party service provider for ext. warranty. This could be the reason for not able to raise extended warranty policies for the individual customers.

This should be sorted out soon with the new MD working on sorting out these issues.

The dealership or the SA are not at fault here.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The standard warranty is an excellent, class-best one. The extended one will surely come at some point once they sort out their issues with the third party agent, or go to a different scheme altogether. That some point can be a way off, but then there's plenty of time for the standard one to run, no?

Perhaps @rebelrajiv taking the refund now makes some sense, but after e-mailing FCA India directly on your understanding that you'll be eligible for it say a year out, when their new E-W set-up's ready?
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Folks in my case the dealership gave me the EW copy however the same is not reflecting on the central database. So I raised an issue with FCA customer care and they said they are working on it. So as many pointed out I guess we need to be patient and wait for things to get resolved. Let's hope for the best. I will keep you updated as well as soon as I hear more.

Cheers,
    Pradeep
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    In the same boat. At the time of booking, The dealer KHT fiat mention that I can avail the extended warranty for my April 2015 purchased - (March booked ) Linea MJD emotion. He said let the vehicle come and I can swipe the card for EW.
    Now they are refusing it saying that it is stopped from March 23!!

It (5 yrs or 1.5Lakh kms) was one of the deciding factors to go with Linea against all popular advices I got.
    At-least they would have communicated that at the time of booking. Called FIAT customer care and raised a request/complaint. Awaiting response.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    please keep us updated on this.
    TIA
  10. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got a call from Fiat customer service. The guy on phone is just repeating the same "apologies for any inconvenience caused. Fiat cannot provide EW as of now. " No information about any plan either.
    Do we have some email ids to escalate other at least check for any info? Got some from team bhp but seems to be very old.