1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Khat Khat noise from front suspension and jerk in steering.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 1, 2012.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
  2. I understand that they are including the rear springs now with GC kit, I want to try the new rear springs in my car as i like the little stiffer ride.
  3. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    good . by the way you can buy them separately from FASS.
  4. PR-8359

PR-8359

Thane, Mumbai
    It's my car's turn now. There has been a Khat Khat noise from the front suspension for the past 2 weeks. My car had started rusting near the cowl area below the plastic trim under the windshield. I had given my car to the FASS in Thane for rust removal and repainting. What started as a mild noise after I received my car back is becoming more and more pronounced now. I think the bodyshop guys must have loosened the Strut nuts when accessing the area under the trim and did a lousy job of putting it back. Or it could be the perennial Elastic Pad problem...I've already had it replaced once 8 months ago. Anyways, need to take it back to FASS now. I' ve started dreading every visit to FASS. Only if the car had a good resale value, I'll happily dump it for a Swift.
  5. 3.5 kg torque on the elastic pad nuts might solve the problem.
  6. PR-8359

PR-8359

Thane, Mumbai
    Thanks Sat-Chit-ananda. Though I too feel that it might require only a bit of tightening, I am too scared to take it to the geniuses at FASS. They have a habit of complicating the simplest of things.

Are the elastic pad nuts easily accessible? Or does it require specialized tools for getting the job done. By elastic pad nuts, I presume you mean the nut that fixes the strut assembly to the car body under the bonnet trim...can you clarify please.

And yeah, I found your post on getting your problem fixed. Quite detailed and nicely written. Good that you have a competent mechanic...its hard finding one these days
    1 person likes this.
  7. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi I am from Delhi and experiencing this khat khat noise when ever pass over rough surface on my linea 1.3 MJD. I showed to local mechanics, couple of them, both identified it problem with the bushes. Got them replaced for 3-4 days there was no sound but the sound has again come back ... Went to FASS kashyap FiAT, they cheked it for 10 minutes and told me that whole front suspension has to be replaced and estimate cost is around 35-40K ... does anyone know a good mechanic in Delhi where he has got his suspenison checked much like Sat-Chit_ananda
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When you say bushes,does it means elastic pad ?
    30-40K :bored: thats terrible.
  9. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Its a round ring type thing fits on chimta ... outside it costed around Rs. 1300 for 2 bushes ... but had to use kharadiya to get it fixed another 400 rs ... total cost around 2500/- but as now again am getting the khat khat noise and it is even worse ... shown to another mechanic as per him it is due to suspension and may be engine mountings ... But I would like to take opinion from a referred mechanic who is good to handle suspensions ... any recommendations?
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It could be mounts or lower arms or lower arm bushing dislocated or coil spring issue. Best thing find a local mechanic get it opened the whole thing including struts and check yourself or post pictures here. Also check engine mounts, big probability that could be a reason too. If you have engine mount problem post replacement you will have pleasure of lower engine vibrations too.
    ramjn and Ganges like this.