1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Khat Khat noise from front suspension and jerk in steering.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nitinkumardba, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hey even i had the rubber sound from front suspension,it got resolved after i sparyed WD-40 to the strut rod.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Thanks Sat-chit-ananda. But did you faced the issue of steering vibrations at high speed? Also, does this GC kit available outside the ASS or they are the only source of getting it?
  3. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Can you explain Sir, or may be a pix, where exactly to aim and spray the lubricant? I am also having this rubbery noise. Even internet link to a pix will do.
  4. I have no steering vibrations,GC kit is available at 99rpm site.

- - - Merged Post - - -

You just have to locate the strut springs in the front wheel arch and in between the springs is the strut.just slide rubber hose in the center and spary WD40 .
    I will post the picture shortly.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kapare1209

kapare1209 Timido

Mumbai
    My linea also developed similar issue last week after running for 27k+ km. Khat Khat sound from front left suspension, and strange sound while turning the steering wheel. I took the car to Balaji Motors Turbhe, the problem was identified as damaged link rod. Thanks to the beautifully damaged roads all over. Got it replaced under warranty.

Surprisingly, while my car was in garage, I called up Fiat India Customer Care and came to know that the staff there is totally hopeless. The CC guy said link rod is not covered under warranty!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

good to know , your issue got resolved.
  7. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    - - - Merged Post - - -
    @Sat-chit-ananda Thanks once again.
    In last 3-4 days i am trying to find out that from which all sources i can source the GC kit and it's price. And this search is turning out to be an interesting thing.
    - one FIAT ass says it costs 11.5K another one says it costs 12.5K.
    - 99RPM says it costs 11,250/-
    - Kava says it will cost 7K :confused

But when i went in to detail i learned that,
    - GC kit from FASS has got 6 items (2 front suspensions + 2 rare suspensions + 2 rare springs)
    - GC kit from 99 RPM (2 front suspensions + 2 rare suspensions + 2 bump stops for front suspensions)
    - GC kit from Kava (2 front suspensions + 2 rare suspensions)

so do we really need to change the rare springs as well?:anyone this is really interesting. I don't know but i don't think anyone has noticed or posted about all this confusion. Can anyone help.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  8. You will have to change the stabilzer bar to upgrade.in my car rear springs was not changed.butbmy car has little higher body roll than newer cars,may be i need to change the rear springs.
  9. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    I am more confused now!!:confused Both the FASS did not mentioned that we need to change stabilizer bar. They mentioned about 6 components only. So, why do we need to change the stabilizer bar??
    Also, when you bought your GC kit from FASS didn't you receive the set of rare springs in that??:confused:
  10. Nope , i did not receive the springs.what is bump stop?
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013