1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Kenda Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by varin11, Jan 16, 2014.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Any body has used kenda tyres for Linea.Some good reviews online.They r around Rs 3500 per tyre.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Varin. They are budget tyres that are being used by owners of all range of cars including Jetta and Laura as well (They are heavy cars).

Our TFI member Gurjinder is also using them in his Palio. Lets wait for his feedback in this thread.

In the meanwhile, I was told by my local tyre guy that Kenda tyres cause suspension to wear off earlier than other tyres. In his language, Kenda tyres dont run circular in its circumference within the expected/normal range and thus cause premature suspension wear.

If you want budget tyres, try Goodyear Duraplus. It costs Rs4350/tyre in Chandigarh and the best thing is that it comes with a warranty of 1 lac Km as well as warranty against cuts etc. as well. :D

I didn't opt for Duraplus though and went ahead with Goodyear GT3 that cost me Rs4400/tyre here in Chandigarh.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I used them for 55K kms on my Linea,without any complaints;in fact they were terrific.
    I have now Switched to Bridgestone Turanza,and i have not noticed any improvement over the Kenda Komets
    Look up for reviews over internet and you will see many positive reviews.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I've done 40k kms on Kenda Kaiser (205/50-16). The grip, noise and other characteristics were good initially, but as the odo ran the good points started to fade. The grip disappeared, sidewall ruptured, a blister appeared and the road noise increased to a point where my ICE couldn't cope with it. I attribute all these to the 'hardening' of the tyre. I changed the tyre near the 40k mark. The tread pattern still looked like it could've done another 10-15k kms more!
    That said, I recently bought Kenda KR23 (195/60-15) tyres as I found generally positive feedback about it. Yet to try it though.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  5. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Why saving money in one of the most important part of your car, THE TIRES, which are most responsible for all handling, power and braking capabilities of your FIAT. Invest in good quality, tried & tested tires. Kendas or any other xyz cheap tires are cheap for a reason. So think twice, thanks !
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Though i agree with what you are saying.
    But cheap does not mean that it is bad,i have used these tires on mine for about 55K kms without any problems,and yes i push my car hard.
    I have done YEW twice on those tires and done speeds up to 185,without any problems.
    I am now on Bridgestone and honestly speaking the 2K premium on Bridgestone's over Kenda is not justified.
    They tend to become hard and noisy post 40K kms but i think,that's perfectly normal.
    2 people like this.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The reason, am on Bridgestone potenza and have done around 40000 Kms on them since last 3 years.They r suppose to be premium tyres but since last 4000-7000 kms am finding the noise level has gone up and steering vibration has increased.I first thought it suspension so got shockers changed but the vibration still there.So the last culprits are the tyres.According to the tyre guy the rubber may have hardened(also one of my Potenza developed bulge and the manufacturer refused warranty claiming it was damage).

Now regarding kenda I have read several positive reviews online and the tyres lasting around 30-40 kms , costing almost Rs 2k / tyre cheaper to bridgestone,
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Drove it on-road, off-road and no-road(!), Kenda KR23 is one awesome tyre! Absolutely silent, amazing grip, rugged and unbelievably cheap! Its pucca VFM!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  9. saikrishna

saikrishna Timido

BHEL, Hyderabad
    Just changed tires for my Punto.
    Bridgestone Potenza (set of four)
    3600/- each
    from Hyderabad.
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Advice - Get Appollo Aceleres. They are proved on Punto's and Linea's. I am using them since 30k.
    till now not even single puncture and i drove 60% of kms on rural roads. I Can say they are tougher & VFM.
    1 person likes this.