1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

' KEENK' sound is missing

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vvk007, Sep 11, 2012.

1. krishnasinh7229

krishnasinh7229 Timido

It is not any kindo fault. If you have some exposure to old type fuel pumps, you must be familiar that when ever you change diesel filter, you had to operate a plunger type pump pushing up and down after opening few threads.

Now a days model have auto system which ensures that there is no air/vapour lock of any kind in fuel pipe. when you turn on ignition key it operates a small pump inside fuel tank, which pumps up diesel in to fuel line, ensuring quick start of engine. I think that small pump is making kink sound when fuel pressure is reached to a certain pressure.

To ensure yourself; observe that when ever the TASS guy drains diesel filter element, and fix back filter in place, you don't have to operate any manual push type plunger as in old cars. the system automatically push out any air by this pump. purging the fuel line with diesel.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I agree,thats the fuel pump sound.
    Other than that there is no Keenk or Beep or whatever when ignition key is turned to on position.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Off topic posts are deleted.
  4. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Yes definitely, I am telling about the same sound. Is it a problem if the sound is not coming?

Ya I am quite familiar with the sound which you are telling. But I am telling about the sound which used to come from the cabin.
    I just want to know, Is it a problem if the sound doesn't come ?

BINGO !! ok, Then I suppose everything is perfect in my LINEA too.
    Thats the best part 'Just forget it and drive easy'
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.