1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

' KEENK' sound is missing

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vvk007, Sep 11, 2012.

1. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Car - BNW Linea MJD Emotion Pack

9 months of ownership

9k kms completed

Right from the first day of my LINEA, As soon as I insert the key in the key slot and turn the Ignition ON (before cranking), there used to be 'KEENK' sound from the ACC/ICE (did not notice whether it was from ICE or ACC).

But from yesterday morning, It is not making that 'KEENK' sound whenever i turn the ignition ON. I might seem silly but literally that sound grew on me these days. Now i have a feeling that something is wrong in my car.

So, I quickly went to Service centre to clear the issue, but the SA present there is clearly denying the fact that it used to make 'KEENK' sound on turning the ignition ON. To clear my doubt, he quickly took me to another LINEA present there which had come for service and turned the ignition ON.

To my surprise, even that LINEA did not make 'KEENK' sound. I suppose even that LINEA had the same problem.

To all Linea owners, Can u please check your LINEA for that 'KEENK' sound and correct me if I am wrong.

What could be the possible defect in my LINEA for not getting that 'KEENK' sound?
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

I guess you are referring to the KEEEEENK sound as soon as you turn on your ingnition. It is there in my Punto and used to wonder what it is. It lasts for 2-3 secs and it comes from the hood. I guess it should be the glow plug which gets heated up when we turn on the ignition. And also have you noticed the TIK TIK TIK sound from the hood after you turn on your ignition?
    1 person likes this.
  3. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

:D Well it sounds funny.. but any ways its nice to know that there is no issue with the sound that persists in some cars
    2 people like this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    i think it is there in all cars. It's there in my Punto. First the sound comes and goes, then all the warning lights appear.
    One of the SA's at Concorde told that, ideally, we should start the engine only after all the warning lights appear and go off. The last to go off will be the seat belt warning light.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

You are absolutely right. There is no problem with this sound whatsover, but if someone could throw some technical details for the reason behind this, it would be great. Just curious :D
  6. sungoa2010

I think it is injectors coming in to position.
  7. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Yes. I definitely know that KEEENK sound coming from the hood which lasts for 2-3 seconds and it's merely audible if doors are closed and Windows are up ! By God's grace, that sound is coming properly. :p
    I am talking about the sound coming from ACC and it's prominently audible.
    If that sound has existed now, I would have definitely taken a video of it and would have uploaded.
    and moreover this sound comes only for about a second, not more than that.

So Are the injectors of my LINEA not coming to the position ? :eek:
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    IIRC, I once thought this keenk sound is due to the mechanism that adjusts air to "outside air" or recirculated air" in the HVAC system. I am saying this because once at night, I was sitting in my car that was parked inside my house. I turned on the AC and when I pressed the recirculation button, I heard the same noise being discussed here. This was long time back, almost when I had just bought the car. Never gave an ear to hear that voice after that so I do NOT know what that sound is or where it comes from.
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I believe it is the primary fuel pump which sends fuel to the diesel filter, which is then sent to the Injection pump. I kinda like the sound. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    3 people like this.
  10. He is referring to sound inside the cabin after turning the key.
    There is no such sound in my linea or punto and i havent come across other lineas with such sound.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Just forget it and drive easy.:)
    1 person likes this.