1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Karrrr sound and jerk when applying reverse gear.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nitinkumardba, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Krrr sound while engaging reverse is pretty normal if you engage reverse immediately from any of the forward gears.
    I usually shift to neutral,pause for a few seconds,and then shift to reverse without any noise,and this is for a clutch that is 82K kms old.
  2. samnik60

samnik60 Timido

chennai
    Hi guys,
    I am experiencing this same old karrr sound only for the first time i move the car from stand still to reverse , after that it works fine. This has happened to me twice and my car has run just 950 km. If i get this for a third time i will do a check with the service station. I am also having occasional hard shift to first and second gear, i am kind a disappointed since my car is few days old. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is hard to suggest that it is a clutch issue given that yours is a new car. However, if the clutch is not engaging fully for some reason, this issue can happen. Please show this to service center and report here as soon as you can find the issue. It is indeed strange what you are reporting for a new car. Kindly post what the service advisor finds after inspection, so members here can probably suggest.
  4. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    Friend. Tty this trick. Push the clutch to full and
    Release. Then again push the clutch to full and engage reverse gear. No more karrr will be there.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do not worry IMO. My dad's GP has done less than 4000km. Same happens in it also. Sometimes reverse gear refuses to engage. Just release the clutch in neutral and then press it again fully and engage reverse gear again.

By the way, the clutch travel in Punto MJD is quite long and I hope you are pressing it fully, not less. Do keep an eye on your clutch pressing style when you engage reverse and make sure clutch is fully depressed.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My pun to clutch behaviour @2k km and after 90k km is same.Nothing Changed.its the matter of how you follow the steps while changing the gears,especially while reversing keep patience.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Same here. The Krrr happens sometimes if reverse is engaged in a hurry, it takes a couple of tries to engage sometimes. Had the behaviour at 500kms and now at 75k KMS too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If the problem is with reverse only the explaination of not following a momentary pause after clutch press to engage gear can lead to that sound, but why then is it happening in first and second gear specifically and not in third and fourth; that's weird.

Unless ofcourse the clutch is not pressed fully. If it's a driving issue then the krrr sound will show up in any gear.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Asim bro, this was same in my car also. There were occasional times during the first 1500km when first gear refused to engage and I would need to do the same process (disengage and re-engage clutch).
  10. samnik60

samnik60 Timido

chennai
    Hi guys, I am getting this karr sound even with me pressing the clutch consciously . Will take the car to SC this saturday and update the forum.