1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Karbon a18

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Ganges, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yeah but RAM is less i,e 512mb , can you suggest a budget phone with dual core processor and more than 512mb ram?

Just giving dual core processor doesnt help unless ram is upgraded too
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    But for that can you let me know what type of expectations you are from a phone????
    Are you looking for a smart phone or it's look a like ? :)
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Android. Similar to karbonn a21 or micromax Canvas2 which have dual core processors but only 512mb ram.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Karbon A21 has Embedded memory of 4 GB... which is sufficient for a phone.

::. Karbonn Mobiles .::

Have a look. As I was not able to find out about 512 mb ram.

Same is verified with my friend who is having a21....
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Using A18 for last month and a half, all I can say is, it is a delight to use. 2gb of internal phone memory and 512mb of RAM are more than sufficient for everyday usage. Let me list pros:

1. The phone comes fully rooted so you can change things you want. However, there are no specific custom ROMs out for the phone yet.

2. The stock ROM is sufficiently modded to cater to need of an user who is not much swayed by iphone mania.

3. A custom CWM recovery is available on XDA forums with which you install zip packages.

4. The display is sufficiently bright and delightfully colorful with color washouts appearing only at right angled viewing.

5. Stock camera software is well modded to allow zoom and focus functions, with immediate upload to various social networks at the click of a button.

6. Stock ROM allows you to move apps to internal SD Card which means you don't have to be dependent upon third party apps.

7. Stock phone app makes the display go off till the phone is next to your ear. As soon as you finish the call and bring the phone in front of you, display comes On again.

Accelerometer on this phone is iffy. It works well with apps that demand landscape orientation, but after you quit that game, it won't auto orientate to portrait mode. This can be overcome by switching auto-rotation on/off.

I bought a Golla bag meant for SIII for this phone and now it looks like a class product.

I have deliberately left out the cons, as I feel, at this price point, nothing can be called a weak point in this phone.
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    How to root karbonn a1
    It has Got 256 ram but most me which consumed by useless crap.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its now above 6 months im using A18,no problem whatsoever,running fine.
    Low budget phone with all smart features,awesome... ::T

Now i'm planning to sell it and go for Karbonn S5 ,as i have got trust in this brand.
  8. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    I too am a happy customer of A18

Is there a way we could get a more powerful battery for it?

Sent from my Karbonn_A18 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    found out a way to get more battery i.e saver option,the most of the power consumption is through the screen,hence my bright ness levels for the screen are pretty low and also i never use live wallpapers.may be this helps.other than this getting hardware i.e. battery need to have a research...
  10. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    I need to buy a new battery for my a18. Any pointers where i can get an original?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2