1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Karbon a18

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Ganges, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends,
    Due to low budget,i'm opting for KARBON A18 with loads of features and i'm feeling happy with those features.
    Have anyone used KARBON A18 or any other product from KARBON.?

This is first piece i'm looking outside of my boundaries of Nokia and Motorola products.

Karbonn A18: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Yeah, some Micromax models would make sense.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    varun,
    as per review between A90 Micromax and A18 Karbon,i feel Karbon wins in most of the techie features.
    Karbon has Bluetooth V4.0,USB Wi-fi Hotspot this is not present in A90

AMOLED Display,Memory wise Micro max A90 is far better than Karbon A18(IPS Screen),i can live with IPS :)
    Karbon gives reasonable 5 MP primary camera and 1.3 MP Seconday camera as compared to 8MP and 0.3 MP of Micromax A90

both stands with same display inch of 4.3 and resolution of 480x800 pixels,again both have same android OS v4.0(Ice cream).

Looking at the price and the features Karbonn is worth than Micromax,but yes as you said relaibility of product in the market matters.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Found this video very much helpfull,may be this weekend i will buy this :) .Building trust myselves against our Indian Brands.

5. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

What a coinsidence. My friend just bought A18. Personally i feel its worth the money. There is no lag or anyting. But i am not sure about the reliability.But if you have the budget opt for MMX A90. The display is superb. also you will get and 8MP snapper and more built is memory.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    vishnu,
    thats gr8 news for me :) .
    budget is the problem i cant stretch.
    will be helpfull for me if you provide me as much as inputs/review till this saturday/sunday.
    what's the price ?
    on flipkart its saying 9970 INR
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ganges, go for it n give us the reviews.. be the guinea pig :p
    3 people like this.
  8. ICS ?? will it get jelly bean update? Jelly bean is has lot more features than ICS.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I ordered it yesterday. I was going to go for Micromax A100 but read lots of people complaining about iffy service of Micromax as well as problems with the set itself. A90 is comparable but the price difference of almost 3k is killer. A18 comes pre-rooted so there is no need to look for extra rooting efforts. All other stats wise, it stands neck and neck with A90 and A100. A90 with 8MP camera and AMOLED screen (samsung make) is surely advantageous, but if I have to buy it for just AMOLED screen provided by Samsung, I might as well buy SII. Will post details once I get my hands on it.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Do see the A100 in flesh before committing. It looks much much better than this Karbon.

Don't give too much weightage to specs in the budget range phones. For e.g. their 8MP sensors cannot match the 8MP sensors of phones like S3/One X etc . Does help to keep our expectations realistic.