1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Karans' Punto Evo

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Karan, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Trilok Chandar

Trilok Chandar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Karan Superb write up and a good shade you got there on your Punto, Congrats! :)
    Karan likes this.
  2. Karan

Karan Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks @carl_jhonson . Creating a playlist using this software is very easy and effective. Have been planning to try this for a long time, but finally tried 2 weeks back and it is so helpful for me.
    carl_jhonson likes this.
  3. Karan

Karan Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Just a small update.

Yesterday, my Punto has reached 10000 kms and it's been 6 months now. :cool::)
  4. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations @Karan. 10k in six months. Way to go

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Rama and Karan like this.
  5. Karan

Karan Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Yesterday was my first solo long drive. Drove 465 kms from Chennai to Madurai.

It was a pleasant ride which started with rains at Chennai.:)

Stopped for breakfast at 99km coffee shop which my friends were telling a lot about their food. Had a nice and tasty breakfast over there.(Try this hotel if you haven't tried earlier. You can even bring your own food and have here.)

With the closure of the tolls temporarily, the ride was even more fun. Though the entire stretch was deserted, I wasn't in a hurry and wanted to enjoy my drive. So I maintained the speed around 100-110 kmph and got a mileage of 20.3kmpl. :):cool: IMG_20161114_123721.jpg
  6. Karan

Karan Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    It's been close to 3 months since I wrote a post. Well, today my Punto has reached 15000kms. :cool:

Last week I took him for his second free service. This time, I was not impressed with Ramkay Fiat's service. I had complained about a rattling noise in the front cabin on uneven roads. They told the issue is fixed, but still it isn't. Also after I got my vehicle delivered, I noticed that the central lock was working automatically, but not manually. So immediately I went back to the service centre and checked with them. They told some unbelievable reasons blah blah blah.. They also told the locks would be replaced under warranty, but they don't have it in stock and that they will intimate once it is available. So at that time, I have to check the rattling noise issue as well.

Second free service cost was 7.5k(5.5k for second service cost, 900 for WA and WB, 1.1k for A/C disinfectant treatment as I opted it because of some smell in a/c when ever I switch it on.)

After the service, I felt the gear box became quite smooth and light(Not sure if that is my assumption). I still feel like the first day when I drove him. Eagerly waiting to take him for a long drive, but I don't foresee any opportunities until April as I am quite occupied. Apart from the slight rattling sound, I don't have anything to complain about. Punto is a GEM and it's always a pleasure riding him. :)
  7. Karan

Karan Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Last week, got an update from the service centre that the replacement locks were available. So I went and got the lock replaced under warranty.

And one of the long awaited subwoofer installation was done during the weekend for my Punto.

Installed Rockford Fosgate Prime 12" sub and 2 channel blaupunkt amp on top of the stock music player and speakers. That extra bass which was missing from the stock system is now fulfilled.
    pabhishek, Turbothinghy and aramico like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    How do you find the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer? Also doesnt it have amplifier built in? IMO for the stock speakers the inbuilt amplifier in the Sub should suffice.
  9. Karan

Karan Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Turbothinghy I got the sub from a local shop in my native. They have been selling RF for the past 5 years. The model which was installed in my car was R1S412 Prime. That doesn't have an inbuilt amp.
    Turbothinghy likes this.