1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Karans' Punto Evo

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Karan, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on your buy. Beautiful pics. Tuscan wine shines like anything. It's sad that fiat has discontinued this color now.
    Mileage will definitely improve post the second service. If you drive in City most of the time I would recommend you to change the engine oil and oil filter every 7500kms once. There is a separate thread on engine oil which has all the details.
    Karan likes this.
  2. Sakthi's Punto

Sakthi's Punto Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Pics are very awesome dude.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
    Karan likes this.
  3. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Because like my Punto driving , I choose longest root when I am not in hurry.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
    Karan likes this.
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats @Karan , Welcome to TFI & FIAT family. Enjoy your drives with one of the hot hatches running, Even I did not consider Punto when I was looking for car. You will not regret the decision. You need to have little patience with FIATs. It will reward you with lot of memories. It's a pity that we see very lees of them on road. But on the flip side we are exclusives.
    Turbothinghy, prabhjot and Karan like this.
  5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats on your new buy. The Evo in tuscan wine is simply marvelous!! Honestly speaking I too was in confusion in selecting the right shade to my car as all the color goes well with our Evo. Finally with much difficulty I made up my mind & went with Pearl white as I felt it offers a much diplomatic looks IMO though. :)

Happy motoring and welcome to Team Fiat!!
    Karan likes this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Congratulations for the smashing Punto Evo. Evo in TW color looks class.
    Karan likes this.
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations for the owning the hot beauty. Pics are so good.
    Karan likes this.
  8. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Nice pictures and congratulations for being Fiatian. I agree, the pleasure of driving Fiat on the Highway truly gives you a loads of happiness and satisfaction with the amount of stability and control. The drive to Madurai is just like gliding. I too have enjoyed it.

Wish you a happy miles ahead.
    Karan likes this.
  9. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    On 17th Aug, I took my Punto for the first free service as he reached around 4900kms and I was planning for a short trip over that weekend. Ramkay Fiat Service station was at Perungudi, OMR.

Complaints were mild pull towards the left, rear left door lock was difficult to open some time, rear wiper blade was easily detachable when lifted away from the windshield. Apart from this, I opted for Wheel alignment and balancing due to the left hand side pull.

Initially they told the vehicle will be delivered on the same day. But later at afternoon they called me and told the vehicle will be ready only by the next day as the left pull issue was not resolved and they needed to do the alignment in multiple iterations.

Then the next day evening, I went to the service centre and my car was ready. I insisted on checking the car before paying the bill. All the issues which I reported were fixed and both the interior and exterior were cleaned well.

The bill amount was 1333 including tax for WA and WB. Then they showed the report of 6 iterations of wheel alignment and they told that this is a rare case where alignment issue will not be resolved in a single iteration(I have no idea about the iterations). For left hand side pulling issue, they mentioned front suspension beam and lower wishbones which were charged around 1300 rs, but that was covered under warranty as the car ran less than 5000 kms.

LH pulling was resolved after that. Punto felt even more smooth after the first service.

Now it's been around 5 months since I purchased the car and he has ran around 7700kms till today, still whenever I get inside the car to drive, I get the same feel like Day 1. Not even a single bit of excitement is reduced in me while driving my Punto.
    pabhishek, Giridhar, prabhjot and 7 others like this.
  10. Sakthi's Punto

Sakthi's Punto Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi kiran superbly drafted.... Later 1st service yes punto will be much better i too felt it.. Go for a long drive in Highway you will be so happy...### Me too will give my Punto for service @ Ramkay OMR to my knowledge they do better...

Last time is superb that you felt like Day1 every time you enter inside car... That's really awesome happy driving forever...
    Karan likes this.