1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Kadd Kadd Sound Near belt area - Linea MJD (Help!)

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by bibhupanda1, Jan 6, 2015.

1. bibhupanda1

bibhupanda1 Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Hello!

I have a Linea MJD with 44K ODO, 2009 Make. Recently it started a problem.

I heard Heavy Kadd kadd sound / noise under engine compartment. Panicky I stopped the car, imagining its a problem with starter motor Pinion issue. Later FASS technician paid a visit and his observation is that sound is coming near alternator. I drove the car to FASS next day. But by that time, the noise was completely gone. As suspected, alternator was opened & I carried it to a local alternator repair center and they said alternator is ok and there is absolutely no problem. All assembly done I took the vehicle.

The same problem surfaced out again after 30 days. Noise is in the same area. Observation is - If I switch on Head lamp, Noise is apparent else very minute. If I ON blower with Full capacity, Noise is audible. This is striking me to think on alternator bearing as these 2 thing increases load on alternator. But again, could it also be a sign of timing chain problem?

Need your help!! I am clueless.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Check the AC engaging system. Timing Chain needs change at 60k, problem does not indicate timing chain trouble. Why isn't the FASC technician sorting the issue? Please check the same at FASC. Take another opinion from some other mechanic too.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    As @asimpleson suggested you should check AC magnetic clutch. Magnetic clutch makes characteristic "khatak" sound when it engages. It can be either faulty magnetic clutch or a chattering AC relay (more likely AC relay). If it is AC relay problem it may be on the verge of failing causing this kind of intermittent problems. If it is relay problem and if you wait for too long sooner or later you will not be able to start the car because of flat battery. Better you sort it out to avoid getting stranded with flat battery.
    prabhjot likes this.