1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

K&N Air Filters... Any good ?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sk16, Sep 11, 2013.

1. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Cold Air Intake system

- - - Merged Post - - -

Its Cold Air Intake system, which I mistook for Conical Air Intake(conical air filter) earlier.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks bro. Let me explore about it to gain some knowledge. :)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
    1 person likes this.
  3. If you just believe what some one said,then please go ahead and buy it.
    I donot think highend and K&N belong to the same line but,i would not comment any more.
  4. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    I'm using BMC's stock replacement filter and the first thing I noticed was the smoother throttle response.
    I read somewhere on the internet that certain European Abarths use a BMC-powered air filter so that pretty much narrowed down the brand for me.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I am not believing anybody or everybody. I am believing people I know and who've done this type of a mod. At the same time I am also believing those who have these mods in their cars and are against it.
    If I was to buy the AF straightaway, why would I post my query here.

Regards.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hmm, nice point brought to light here Naresh. Abarth having a BMC air filter. Performance enhanced; hence an extra premium paid for its procurement. @Sat-chit-ananda, take note bro.

A few questions for you Naresh bro:-
    1. Did the installation of the BMC air filter result in voiding of car warranty ? Or you replace it with the OEM air filter whenever you take your car to FASC ?
    2. After doing how many kms on the odo did you get it installed ?
    3. Have you ever cleaned and re-oiled the AF ? If so, then did you do it yourself with a BMC cleaning/oiling kit or you got it done from a garage/mechanic ?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Performance Cars have performance air filters. Imagine Abarth with our stock filter :D:p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  7. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I know man. And if Abarths had the stock filters that we have, alongwith many other performance enhancement mods on Fiats, then they won't be Abarths
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Now , an advice , don't get sucked into this debate . I see a storm brewing already:rolleyes:. I am out of here...;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I have been using BMC for nearly 35,000km now, no problem till now. I get it cleaned every 10,000km from Autophyche, Gurgaon. I could clean it myself also but prefer to get it done by them as they charge very nominal fee as the cleaning kit is mine.

BMC filter does make a difference as you can easily make out that your car is breathing easy and there is better pickup.

I preferred BMC over K&N as i researched and found that it was used in Abarth and Ferrari F1 cars. Also got lot of good reviews for BMC from actual users who have used both, even Phil from Speedsports preferred BMC over K&N when i asked for his advice and you can get no one better for advice than Phil for Engine mods in delhi atleast.
    2 people like this.
  10. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    @FastLove Hehehe... Thanks for the advice.
    Ever-ready :cool:

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks for the info Jotinder. Will surely check with Phil.
    What you are using is a stock replacement filter or a high performance one ? And what about the car warranty, does it void or you got this done after the warranty period ?

Thanks mate.