1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Just joined TFI, about to own a Punto dynamic MJD - but in doubts now

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by abhiuday, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

If you like Punto, go for it. Do not worry about sales figures. Fiat is not going to shut shop in India - it is doing good on the engine sales. Also, with renewed focus, Fiat sales might catch up

Before taking do a proper PDI and ask for an alignment report of your vehicle. You should be good to go
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bro Abhi,

i have been driving punto from past 2 years and yes i can assure on the feel you get when you crank your car and drive it.Punto is a addiction for me. Every time i see it i fall in love with it.

Issues and Niggles are bound to pop up in every car over the time.Keep in mind that you need to visit service centre more as compare to your friends who own maruti and hyundai/honda.When i had bought my Fiat i was pretty much willing to take up more visits to ASS as compare to my friends who own honda/hyundai.If you can live with the little issues (only if they come in your case) then PUNTO(FIAT) is the one you should look for.

FIAT fraternity is growing day by day and we have such lovely helpful and sincere brothers associated with us through this TEAM FIAT.Here you have fair chances of sharing your issues and grievances(only if you have) with the car and you get replies from all over the country. Its really helpful and i have got benifited several times through this forum.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Before the buy almost all FIATians were doubting twice on many cons than pros. Once drive it, we all think lucky went for it....

And we are buying the car not the company, FIAT. Maruti may be popular in India, but why they are not confident to put own engines for their best models?
    Why out of so many models the last two ones among alone become very popular? The FIAT ENGINES !

Parting with TATA is a calculative move: FIAT found their best products will be affected by bad service and step-motherly treatment.

And even in the most unlikely chance, if FIAT is not putting up their own facility, we are not going to be affected; if not TATA, somebody else will come in, parts will be available, atleast for the coming 10 years: by the time our cars will be recycled !

Why the India No. 1 Maruti and the other big boss Tata are opting FIAT's engines for their premium segment cars??? They are simply superb, very FE, economical, trouble-free, importantly longlife: which is important to Indian buyers. Except (may be) Merc, the best engines in India now, (especially Diesel) are FIAT.

Time being the VFM car is FIAT Linea and Punto, in my experience. Linea: with such a superlative performance, I wonder what is there extra in a Merc, except the brand value and tit-bit features at an exorbitant, 400 % high price !! IF SPENT THAT HIGH ON LINEA/PUNTO, THEY WOULD BE THE TOP CARS IN WORLD....
    3 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

Fiat is my choice for buying cars and Maruti my choice when investing in stock market.:D
    Why to mix both?
    3 people like this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto:- Nothing Better to Drive.

Now you should request to close this thread ::p :D
  6. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Ganges! I think Abhi will request for the closure of the thread only after his first drive in his own punto!! :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

Very true buddy.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  8. aryan

hey Abhiuday,

First and foremost thing you must be crazy to drive fiat . i mean crazy about Fiat . Out of 100 99 will say not to buy fiat . but these are people who have never driven fiat or inside they too love the looks the build quality but are just going with crowd . just dont listen to them Man get yourself one stand apart from crowd and then see people turning head and seeing your ride . Yes we have very low sales volume yes we may have poor service record but then also we love our car .

You know if fiat stops supplying their diesel engine to other manufacturer then they will be in win win situation other but dont know what plans they have but we all love fiat and if you want to see more car on road Bro just visit Dwarka . now days i guess after every 2-3 cars i can spot one punto or linea or palio .............

So go for it boss ...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  9. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Wow, good to see so many responses. Thanks a ton fellow fiatians.

So after a lot of thought, roller coaster rides, yesterday at 7 pm, I became the proud owner of a 1.3 MJD PUNTO.

Buying experience has been good and no complainst against the dealer, Him Motors.

Whatever doubts I had about the car, the first drive just sealed it. I am ECSATIC and ELATED on the decision to go for Punto.
    First thing I realised on my way back to home from the dealer is that POT HOLES seemed to have dissapeared from Delhi roads...I guess the MCD has sprung to action...on second thoughts its not the MCD, they can't be that quick. Till about 2 pm yesterday, Delhi had lots of potholes...Maybe its the PUNTO and its suspension....Well its easy to guess !!

I have a lot to learn and lot to expore. Wil open another thread, where i would share my experience and will also post questions related to the car.

Thanks to all. Seriously appreciate your responses.

I would request the moderator to close the thread please.

10. sungoa2010

Congrats for your punto.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.