1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Just joined TFI, about to own a Punto dynamic MJD - but in doubts now

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by abhiuday, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    Welcome to the club...
    I am from delhi and i have seen quite a lot of Puntos especially in gurgaon.....and almost every second day i spot a rare 1 punto or so :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  2. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi,

Yesterday, in the evening I saw 7 Punto's on the drive back to delhi from gurgaon.

And today morning, I saw 5, one red and one silver, rest were white :)

This builds up my confidence.

And I am happy.

Cheers!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Welcome to TFI.. and Do't worry.. u won't regret about ur buy..
    and as for spotting Fiat's... u will its just u notice other cars..
    i don't miss a Fiat car.. even if they are parked. u will pick up thr skills..
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    When I bought my car in 2010 the Fabia was also in consideration. But the sales figures were almost seeing the bottom. I had every reason to believe that the company will wind up since how they will survive with the better sales figures of super. But withing two months things started better for Fabia and nowadays it sells in decent numbers. What I want to say is that we cannot predict anything just because of current sales figures. I never thought that Hyundai will ever succeed in making a B+ segment hatch after seeing the pathetic sales of Getz. But now see their sales with i20. So don't worry about the current sales. If you like it go for it.

Fiat is doing very well in US. Soon they will be the main players. Already they have a strong presence in south America and Europe. They are now going to concentrate more on India. Starting their on dealership is the first initiative in that direction. In petrol segment they have wonderful technologies(multi air) which they are not bound to share with others. I would see a bright future for Fiat. They are also going to enter in to small car segment, which will be a phase transition point for them. I am very positive of getting trapped in a traffic jam surrounded by fiat cars in India.The sales figures should not be a deal breaker for Punto.
  5. Hi abhiuday

I am replying to a thread on TFI after almost 6-7 months. You can understand what it takes to be a Fiat Owner. Read below:

-----This is what my mind says-----

I would highly recommend you NOT to listen to Varoon9999 and nkapoor77. You still have a couple of days to cancel the booking. Don't make this move. And yes you are right i travel from delhi to gurgaon everyday and haven't seen any fiat cars on road. End of story. Service centers are more than worse. I am facing a couple of major problems since day 1 and no resolution yet. Yes they are coming up with stand alone ASS but the question is WHEN ? Go buy something else. For god's sake its your hard earned money.

----This is what my heart says-----

Go for Punto if you like driving a car. PERIOD
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Money will come and go. What come only once is our life. I will always keep my hard earned money to protect what I need to protect in life. I can suffer few niggles or some little trouble in servicing(if any) for that. Think about a collision and if the car gives you a more surviving chance, what else we want. That peace of mind is far far greater than waiting for parts(if any), or waiting few hours at service station(if any). This is my view point and one can follow or not follow it.:D
    3 people like this.
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Hey Abhi, welcome to TFI. I am vivek from delhi, Sungoa is right. BTW ass is even not that bad though you need to be carefull. So far i am happy with oberai cars noida sec-1. And Happy means really Happy.
  8. Why does everyone on this forum talk about collisions/Accidents ?. Are we that Irresponsible drivers ? 90 % of the time these things happens because of carelessness. I understand that fiat cars are good in terms of safely but at the same time other manufacturers also pass the Crash Test before launching any vehicle on road. Make a wise decision. Sitting in a Toyota/Honda will also get you out safe in such situations. There is an old saying "Har bhari cheez loha nahi hoti". NO Offence to ANYONE. Its just my point of view.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Accidents can happen because of others mistake also. We have enough examples of it in our ownership threads also.
    Air bag and ABS is not all about safety. They do their part. In that way there is no difference between the all cars(if we assume all airbags work in the same way).
    Another thing is that all are not going for top models. So we need to compare a base version of Etios and a punto active. Here ABS and air bag is outside the main gate. The fight is between sturdiness, build quality. design etc.
    3 people like this.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Punto is the Best VFM Car in the Hatch Back Segment as per me, I am having Corolla in Kuwait which is 1.6 known as Altis in India, But in high speed i feel my Punto to be more strong as well as in sharp turns and on potholes. \What else do you want my dear....
    Driving the Punto i feel driving a saloon car...
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.