1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Just joined TFI, about to own a Punto dynamic MJD - but in doubts now

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by abhiuday, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi,

My name is Abhiuday (abhi in short) and I just joined the TFI.

I am going to buy a punto, already booked, delivery in 1 week.

However, now I am having double thoughts about the car. The sales figure are miserable, and with the news of TATA-FIAT tie up breaking, I am a bit worried - what if FIAT stops production and exits the market.

The market share they own is just not a profitable proposition.

Good to see the number of fiatians growing. But in my drive from South delhi to Gurgoan, I feel lucky if I spot even one punto. I do come across atleast 20-30 thousand vehicles in my to-fro journey, but can't see any Punto.
    These points are really driving me crazy. Pls feel free to express your opinions.

By the way, is there any Punt owner from delhi. I would really like to speak with you. My number is 98 183 989 69.

Cheers!!
    Abhi
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI.

I think you must visit Fiat Caffe, since you are Delhi and should clarify all the doubts.
    Breaking up from Tata, for Sales & Service, might be a good thing happened to Fiat, but the results are yet to be seen.

Just Visit Fiat India homepage, you would see 6 million cars are running on Fiat's engines.
    Even in India, MJD sales would always give sufficient financial cushion to Fiat.
    You might like this to have some exclusive car in your possession.:) Be sure, once you start driving Punto, you will notice much more than 1 Punto/Linea in 20-30K cars.

Having said these, if doubts are still persisting, better to clarify before taking delivery.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    4 people like this.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    HI Abhi you can either go by your heart of go by your mind. I am no person to quarantee that FIAT will never windup or close down its operation. Anything can happen any time to any manufacturer. If there is a major change in the Govt policies WRT to diesel, it can affect many manufacturers. But my personal opinion is FIAT will stay & AFAIK FIAT is doing things which can improve their overall reputation . They have already started independent FIAT after sales & service centres in some places & many places they are planning to. All the FIAT owners here are aware about the low sales figures. But 98 % of them dont bother about that because of the wonderful car they have got. Just click on the community ->member list & do an advanced search & You can see owners from Delhi. Maybe you can send them a PM. TATA-FIAT break up is only for the sales & service aspect & their tie up is intact. Good luck for your future buy.
  4. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    I was in the same kind of problem when i decided to buy a car...!!! I had made my mind that if i buy a car, that would be a FIAT. But from family and cousins, pulling me away from Fiat, i ended up with Suzuki Zen (in 2006) had the Zen till 2011 and then finally, sold the Zen and made my dream come true... Got the Fiat Punto... without any second thought about it... Infact, i had to wait for almost 6 yrs to drive a Fiat.
    Go for it... You will never repent
    1 person likes this.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    @Abhi buddy

These are the same questions I had before I bought my Punto 3 months back..and believe me within a month you will be a Guru answering such questions on ur own...:)

Yes,sales are not the best..but product is THE best...!!

With FIAT independent service ..things can only get better...is what I think...

And these vehicles do not need much maintainence except small niggles...

So follow ur heart....
    2 people like this.
  6. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi,

First of all I'd lie to thank you all (Ravi, Cinju, Pramod and Puntosat) for your replies.

This really builds up my confidence. I actually drove punto in UK. It was a colleagues car and the interiors were awesome. It was a diesel car and I remember we were easily doing 120 + kmph on A1. The car felt solid.

When the time came for buying a diesel car in India, the memories of that drive came back and Punto was the first car that I test drove (I shall post my buying decision process in a seperate thread in the forum). I took test drive of all diesel hatchbacks that are available in India and I like micra a lot. But the stability is the one that is pulling me to Fiat. I seriously hope that all other factors come out as expected.

oh yes, one more question I have in mind - it is regarding putting alloys on the dynamic version. I plan to put alloys and a continental tyre set rather than the stock and would be upgrading the tyre size to 15".
    Is there any thing related to suspension that needs to be changed/modified before going for a tyre upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!
    Abhi
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @abhi: I do the South Delhi - Gurgaon run every day (home to office). And mine is the oldest punto on the forum (there is a thread on this). Check your inbox for my number. Feel free to call me. And to ease your worries, I am picking up a Linea T-jet plus tomorrow which will join my 2009 Punto MJD E-pack.

For the wheels and tyres, no need for any mods. It is a straight swap.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  8. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Mods Note - Duplicate post, deleted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Abhi as you have decided to go for Punto,. just go ahead and take it, Only one thing can be said that you will end up being a Proud Owner of FIAT. whose heart has been adopted by swift dieswl, dejire, ritz diesel, sx4 diesel, vista, Manza....
    Wait for some time and watch the sales figure growing up as they are all set on their own Sales and Service outlets/
    Anyways congrats for the Buy
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hey Abhi,

welcome to the club,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.