1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Just bought a pre-owned Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by highwaystar, Feb 10, 2016.

1. highwaystar

highwaystar Timido

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    2016-02-10 02.50.05.jpg Hello all:

Just got myself a pre-owned Linea Dynamic 1.3 MJD (BNW, 56.5k kms). Looking forward to hear from you guys on service recommendations, must-do replacements, etc.

Also, this is my first diesel car, so I dont really know how different it is to drive from a petrol car (ideal gear shifts, acceleration, etc.)

I am based in Thane, Maharashtra.

Glad to be a part of this community!

Regards
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Heartiest congratulations bandhu. The car looks fab. Pls start your ownership thread with lots of pics and do mention the buying experience details too. What variant of Linea did you buy?

I dont think it is any different between the diesel and petrol car except for the takeoff time. Diesel cars may be slower than the petrol counterparts but then they can pull better on lower gears and rpm than the petrol one which have a tendency to get stalled. Ideal gear shifting IMO are between 1800 and 2000 rpms. Once in the sweet spot the Linea will accelerate like anything. More details in you ownership thread.

Where exactly are you based in Thane?
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @highwaystar,

Please get your timing chain checked, normally they are replaced at around 60k.

thanks
    Turbothinghy and asimpleson like this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, do get the new type timing chain when you get this replaced. Ensure all fluids are replaced too, to kick start a peaceful ownership.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    As bibin suggested please don't wait for the timing chain replacement. Since you are a new owner for this preowned vehicle you better not risk the engine health and go for timing chain replacement right away. Trust me you don't want that surprise even before you clocked a few thousand kms. Edit: @nkrishnap new type? :confused:
  6. highwaystar

highwaystar Timido

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Looking forward to lots of learning, sharing and interesting discussions.

I got the Dynamic 1.3 MJD ... I stay near Majiwada in Thane.

Should I get it changed at a FNG or head to the nearest service centre?
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    We have Lifetime Mobilities which is rather new and their skill levels of staff is still a mystery. Torrid has the staff but somehow they have messed up their service levels and diverting many customers to RS. I would suggest RS as a viable alternative. Call there and speak to Mr. Deshmukh. And get a preventive maintenance checkup to have a fuss free car experience.
    highwaystar likes this.
  8. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Check Panvels New FASS centre. Have heard some good review from fellow TFIANS.
  9. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Great Purchase. It looks like just out of showroom
    Service Centre. There wont be much difference (in terms of parts cost) for the new timing chain. (Do get the new type one).
    Also, get the detailed service history from FASS; it would help you understand the health of car better. (They may not give you hard copy; but you can get detailed list verbally. Do go on a weekday, when there isn't much rush).

Also, get the major service done (all fluid replaced), get the EGR cleaned and inspect battery and tires.

Regarding, driving a diesel; Just change the gears in power band (I change gears 2500 rpm onward (except 1st)) and always drive in power band. Better drive in 4th gear at 2K than in fifth at lower rpm
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 10, 2016 ---
    Also, spare some time and do read about other member's ownership thread(s) of Linea. There are many of us, who have shared their journey via this forum
    highwaystar likes this.
  10. highwaystar

highwaystar Timido

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks, guys. This was an impulsive purchase - I saw the car at a dealer's and just fell for it ... so didn't really get into the nitty-gritty (I know that's never a good thing to do). I'd visit the service centre this week and update if there are any unpleasant surprises for me (hope not).