1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Just booked Emotion 1.3 MJD (Exotica red)

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by acarthik, Aug 13, 2013.

1. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Today evening, booked an Emotion 1.3 MJD (Exotica red) at RDC fiat.

I have been finally offered 7.63L on road after so much of dicussions (Note that I am very poor at bargaining). I am the first one to get a car in my family and have no prior experiences or knowledge. Not sure if I should have bargained for more. No matter, I am just waiting for the delivery date after the loan processing. The SA told me that I will get a call tomorrow from the dealer for the further loan processing.

They have offered me the below accessories.
    Absolute mud flop (on demand)
    Absolute floor mats (on demand)
    Car cover (need to make sure that I will be getting a TYVEK car cover)

Discounts
    Insurance: 26816
    Cash offer:25k
    Corporate discount : 5k
    Free RSA for 3 years
    Extended warranty: 6629

Apart from this, I have requested the SA replace the body colored door handle with chrome handle (which I loved much personally). He checked with other guy and he promised me that he can change this during delivery.

I asked about how long it is going to take to get the VIN. He replied that I can get only after the full payment. I doubt that if it is true. Can any one comment on this?

I am planning to get SBI car loan for only 3 lakhs. Because I wanted to finish it asap may be 2 year. Because I m planning to buy a flat 2 years down the line. So I dont want to disturb that by opting a long loan tenure.

So my doubts are,

If I go for loan, should I pay the down payment to bank or dealer? (SA says it is dealer)
    Is it just enough to produce the proforma invoice to the bank to get a loan for 3L or the bank needs the receipt for the remaning payment to the dealer?
    Is it true that the dealer can give the VIN only after the full payment?
    Will it be possible to hold the partial payment till the PDI?
    and finally I have very less knowledge about the cars and its technical things, will there be anyone from TFI can assist me during the PDI.
    1 person likes this.
  2. rameshrk

rameshrk

Chennai
    Hi,

Welcome to Fiat family. I relatively a new member too as I got my Red Fury only a few days back from RDC Fiat via Corporate loan.

My two cents.

1. Insist for reverse parking sensor. Give the push
    2. I insisted for VIN Number before my company made the full payment.
    3. PDI I got it from carwale website. Checklist: New Car Pre-Registration / Delivery Checklist - CarWale

Ramesh
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on booking the Punto. :)

I am guessing you booked 75 hp version and the door handles come in body color. And I very seriously doubt if they will honor this commitment. Yes, I am damn serious. Check with them again. Most probably they may not change this.

This is not true. VIN can be provided immediately as soon as you book the car if the car is readily available with them and that they invoice it to your name. Even if the car is not available they can still provide the VIN after blocking the car at the factory.

You pay to the dealer and produce the receipts for the same with the Bank.

You must. I would rather say, you should only pay partial payment until the PDI is complete. What is the point of doing PDI after making full payment?

I leave this space open. :)
    Still, you are good to do PDI with the TFI PDI checklist in your hand.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Hi Ramjn, Thanks very much for your wishes and for your much quicker clarification.
    I would need to go back to the dealer and check with them regarding their commitment on the chrome handles on an emotion 75 bhp.
    Well, I can get little idea on the payments.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congratulations on the Punto booking. As @ramjn suggested take it down in writing that the handles would be replaced with chrome (I hope its free). The SA is BSing you regarding the VIN, you should be able to get the VIN details soon after the booking. Demand for the VIN and cross check if the manufacturing is latest, coz once the car goes for registration you might not be able to do anything. Also ensure that you do the PDI before the registration.
    Regarding loan - you need to get a presanctioned car loan from SBI where your basic document required are taken care. Ideally what you should have done was take a pre sacntioned car loan letter and negotiate with the dealer for further discounts. The chain of events to be followed are;
    1) Get the VIN from dealer and confirm the manufacturing.
    2) Get the presanctioned car loan & negotiate for discounts if in scope
    3) Pay the downpayment amount
    4) Do PDI and confirm the car
    5) Give go ahead to dealer to start the loan process. Cheque will be issue directly to dealer (but keep a copy of the cheque with you)
    6) Car goes for registration.
    7) Car ready for delivery. Do a PDI (not exhaustive but basic) and take the delivery.
    8) Enjoy driving the punto.

Experts may correct if I have erred or add anything I missed.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

1 person likes this.
  7. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Thanks DRIV3R. Yes I will do.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you ghodlur for your guidance on the step by step basis.
    Any idea if SBI is giving presanctioned car loan?
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Sorry if I used a misleading term, its actually called a preapproved loan. Very similar to the preapproved home loans, saves loan processing time as the documents are already with the lender. Suggest you to visit the SBI website to get information about the reqd documents. I dont know if they have an OD loan for the cars, suggest to enquire and if possible opt for it. You can save on the interest part too.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes please. As far as I know removing the door handles itself is not an easy job. Also, the chrome handles are not that cheap too. I would be surprised if RDC does replaces with chrome handles and give it to you as freebee.
    2 people like this.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ramesh, the handles come with the frame only as a set. Just the flaps cannot be swapped is what I learnt. And the handle shrouds come in black, which should again be painted to body color.