1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Journey with my Fiat Grande Punto Sports 90HP Ex-Red.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by rider16, Sep 28, 2015.

1. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    the border is still a frame ganges, I used, a mix of MDF wood dust, fevi quick and putty to affix this aluminium frame to the border.

prabhjot, Pradeepms, Ganges and 2 others like this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful mods and diy @rider16 . Well thought ones. The grille diy is just awesome.
    Congrats for the punto.
    rider16 likes this.
  3. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    well I clicked the pictures of the reverse view camera and its screen, this is the night image, but pretty clear even with just the reverse light of the car in pitch dark places. (Probably reason is punto's reverse light just light up ground behind car unlike others that are placed higher.)

This unit has built in speakers for beeping and shows distance in feet.

This is the picture during the day.

This the plastic panel beneath which the dead pedal sits and supports the plastic dead pedal stay in place.

Now these are the full view pictures of the seats with under thigh support. I have been using the car with these extended seats for a couple of years now, they are just AWESOME!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Ravi Varma, prabhjot and Pradeepms like this.
  4. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Allright, I want to ask you guys a question and possibly get an answer.

Does anyone have rattling problems in fiat punto?

there is one rattle particularly coming from the boot door, I am unable to eliminate for the life of me.

all other rattles in the car I sure SHUT them up!
  5. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I feel its from the rear wiper in my GP,but not sure.
    Couldn't track it until now, as I am always in the drivers seat and its pretty hard to focus on sounds happening in the boot while driving.
    Best way is to get in to the back seat when someone else is at the steering and listen carefully.

Possible culprits:
    1) Loose sounds from tool pouch
    2) Spare wheel locking bolt getting loose or plastic hazard reflectors hanging loose
    3) Boot door internal panel vibration
    4) Sounds inside boot door column
    a) Rear wiper motor fittings
    b) Rear manual lock and latch mechanism
    c) Any loose cables striking the panel on the go.
    d) ( Did you insulate the boot door,if yes, check on it)
    5) Rear seat belt latches if they are left behind/under the seats.
  6. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    maddy79 thanks for trying to help and the list,
    I checked and rechecked all of he above, and its none of them for sure, I double checked!

some small nut/screw or plastic piece seems to be the culprit that got lodged in either the boot door some where or lying around in the boot some where.

will need a loads of time in figuring it out.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 17, 2015 ---
    This is how I fixed the other rattles in the car. I will let the pictures flow first!

--- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2015 ---
    Every thing, I mean every thing in the car is tight fixed with either a strap or plastic glue gun or black/white silicone gel! Nothing left to chance or unturned.

Take a closer look at them door pads, I filled up melted plastic from one of the melted plastic guns!

This eliminated all the rattle from door pads and other loose fixtures in the car.

The boot in particular, I am unable to find the source of the rattle so that I may fix it up!
    Ravi Varma and Amit Rox like this.
  7. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One boring but, informational post I would like to post is the ownership costs so far, the general services.

First (free) service was done in march 2013,

This was just a general check up, dint cost me anything, just a routine check up and fluid top ups.

Now, Second (free~only labour fee) service: This was done in sept 2013, same month as the car purchase.

Engine oil cost Rs.2320.
    Oil Filter Rs.411.
    Fuel filter element Rs.2059
    Engine air filter Rs.402.
    A/c Air filter Rs.199.

All costs inclusive of taxes, and the grand total was Rs.5391.

Third (free~only labour fee) service: It was done in sept 2014, and it was two year completed. As as general practice with all my cars, I change all fluids every two years, irrespective of the manufacturer's recommendation of change at a later date and usage, as fluids, rubber and battery age with time regardless of usage.

This time around the following things were done,

Engine oil cost Rs.1920.
    Oil Filter Rs.411.
    Fuel filter element Rs.2059
    Engine air filter Rs.410.
    A/c Air filter Rs. 210.
    complete coolant replacement Rs.1352.
    gear box/transmission oil replacement Rs.1200
    rear drum/shoe cleaning/bleeding and other labour Rs.813. (as these are not part of the general free service)

So, grand total was Rs.8375.

Now in dec of 2014, I had to get a intermittent service done, needed brake pads change. I asked them to do that and bleed the brakes too. These needed a change at 21K KMS.

cost of brake pads (Front only) Rs.3290 for the set.
    Brake bleeding,brake oil and labour Rs.1025.
    I changed a clogged/choked a/c airfilter too. Rs. 199
    labour for changing the filter was Rs.210 damn.

So, the total was, Rs.4724.

Fourth paid service was done around sept 2015.

Engine oil cost Rs.1980.
    Oil Filter Rs.432.
    Fuel filter element Rs.2162
    Engine air filter Rs.431.
    A/c Air filter Rs. 221.
    labour Rs. 1354.

Also 2 glow plugs were replaced under extended warranty FOC.

And the grand total came to Rs.6580.

I was very ecstatic to see the usual service costs! to say the least, over the years, on comparison with my previous car, swift LDI, (owned from 2007 Dec to July 2012) it had service intervals of 10k kms or 6months, and YOY service cost, for swift I ended up paying 800 to 1700 rupees more.

So much for the cheap to maintain image. This is given, the Dollar/Rupee value was way lesser back then.
    Deepak likes this.
  8. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think, I think, I fixed that hatch door/boot door rattle I was talking about.

I will need a few day's time to test this out and arrive at a full confirmed conclusion if this fixed the metal vs metal rubbing or metal vs rubber beading rubbing rattle caused by the boot door.

notice the rubber pad, mentioned in the picture below, I had to adjust these, so that the boot door/hatch door did not move any more. If it persists, I will look for other options, such as boot door/hatch door's lock adjustment and dampening the insides of the boot door, so as to keep this really irritating loud enough squeaky noise from interrupting my peaceful driving/music enjoying time.

Hope I have got the rattle this time.

door_boot_fiat_ grande_punto hatch door.jpg
    Ravi Varma likes this.