1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Journey back to roots - HYD - BBSR

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nibedk, Nov 15, 2014.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,
    I would be travelling to my native Bhubaneswar from Hyderabad.

The plan is to start on 3rd Dec evening around 3-4 PM and halt at Vijayawada.

We would take NH9 via Nagaram and Ghatkesar and reach around 8-9 PM.

The next day we would start early around 4-5 AM to beat the traffic and continue our journey on AH5 via Eluru, Rajamundhry, Vizag and Berhampur.

On 3rd I would be working from home and then start.

Please guide me on the following

-- Hotels near the highway in Vijayawada so that we can continue on the highway next morning without needing to get into the city. It should be decent enough to spend a night with family. Not too bothered about price but lesser the better as we would be spending 7-8 only.

-- Good places for breakfast and lunch on the highway without needing to get into any of the major cities along the highway. Do not want to get caught in traffic.

-- Any after effects of cyclone near Vizag ? People who have travelled recently can update.

-- Any other things that one needs to take care of or avoid when travelling on this route with family.

All in all I want cross Berhampur by max 3 PM on 4th Dec. Please pour in your inputs.

Regards,
    nibedk
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi HYD/BLR TFIANS,
    Eagerly waiting for your inputs.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Never travelled on Hyderabad-Vijaywada road, so no idea.
    But from Vijaywada to Bhubneswar is pretty much doable (~800 KM) in a day, with early start. Superb Road throughout, expect some delay at border. Else you can drive as fast you can.
    No idea on hotels, but better to book before hand.

No cyclone effect should be there on highways at Vizag.

Fully safe to drive with family, even in night.