1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Joining the Fiat Family with Punto Evo 90hp - Booked

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sapam, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,

This is definitely not my first post in the forum. But, will take this opportunity to formally introduce myself to the community.

I am currently living in Bangalore and work at Dreamworks Dedicated Unit as FX TD.

For the last 6 years I own a Blue Alto Lxi 2008, and had to sell it off as I have recently relocated to Bangalore from Mumbai. Since, last 3-4 years I have my Head fixed on one Car and that was Volkswagen Polo. But for some mysterious reason Fiat Punto never crossed my mind. I was really impressed by the build quality of VW Polo. As years went on few changes in Pole were made which made me feel some sort of compromise. First they silently removed the option for 60:40 Split backseat. Then lately, they removed the Instantaneous Fuel Consumption Option from their MDI. But still I was for Polo.

Even later this year when I sold my Alto, Figo was also being considered. So, until I came to Bangalore in early November 2014, Polo and Figo were in my list. I have already driven Vento and Figo and can judge the feel and ride quality of VW and Ford. WV quality was top notch in terms of body and interior quality. From get go Safety was my highest priority. I realise that after driving Alto on the Highway. And I never took my Alto on the Highway as I feel its not safe with Family and used it only in the City. So, my 6 year old Alto had only Clocked 39,000 KM.

Then, the very first day I landed in my Bangalore Office, I was given a TD by one of my colleague on his Red Grand Fiat Punto Emotion, and immediately I was mesmerised by the build and Ride Quality of the Car. No car I have driven till date connects to be like the way the Fiat Punto did in that 15 minute ride. I was completely Floored. My heart and mind went for it.

To confirm my finding, the very text day I did a TD on anther friend's Polo Highline and I could immediately feel the difference between the ride and Handling quality between the both. Polo was good but Punto was a class ahead and even better in that department. Though the Interior of Polo was top class.

Then my journey on researching for Fiat Punto begin. Discussed a lot with my colleague who owns Fiat and also Joined TeamFiat and read a lot of articles and reviews. And in this one mont my Heart and Mind went for Fiat Punto Evo. Though, initially there were some resistance from Family members. I then did TDs with both the Punto Evo Emotion and the Punto Evo 90hp and loved the Puno Evo 90hp and its performance, both in City and Highway. I did an hour long TD on both the Variants in City and Highway.

So, last week I went and Booked the Fiat Punto Evo 90hp, Magnesio Grey.

And I am more than happy to be joining the Fiat Family with this car and am looking forward to great adventures and going places I ever wanted.

Cheers.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats SAPAM.This para says it all----
    "Then, the very first day I landed in my Bangalore Office, I was given a TD by one of my colleague on his Red Grand Fiat Punto Emotion, and immediately I was mesmerised by the build and Ride Quality of the Car. No car I have driven till date connects to be like the way the Fiat Punto did in that 15 minute ride. I was completely Floored. My heart and mind went for it."

Max people who criticizes a PUNTO never experienced it in person.

Do a proper PDI before the car is sent for registration.Do post pics of your Magnesio Grey beauty.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. PPal

PPal Timido

Mumbai
    Congrats Sapam. Do post pics of the Magnesio Grey after you do your PDI.

Ya, the build quality and the ride and handling, steering feedback are good.

Can you update us on the discounts you got.
  4. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats Sapam... It's good, you are going for 90 HP. And enjoy your upcoming rides.... Hope you enjoyed the test drives arranged by Tauseef for KHT ...

keep driving, and don't forget to do off-roading ... ;)...

Please do share the off-roading test-drive video to shot with 90HP Evo ... :D
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats...
  6. Shiben B.

Shiben B. Timido

Bangalore
    Whitefield
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Sapam, we will be punto buddies soon :)
    rahulvfx likes this.
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome to the group of car heads who value build, ride and handling , driving dynamics and steering feedback more than crappy features and a little better interiors of other competitors. I had shortlisted 4 cars only Punto, TJET, Figo and Fiesta. Fiesta and TJET were ruled out as they would have been a littld bigger than what my wife could have managed. And Punto ticked all boxes and gave additional power over Figo. So Punto 90 HP it was. Wish you miles of happy FIAT MOTORING.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    Congrats Sapam, Welcome to the Fiat family.
    Go through the PDI check list once.
    Wish you happy miles.:)
  9. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Congratulations Sapam! Enjoy your drive and be ready to be mesmerized everyday!
  10. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I think the total discount I got is about 45k.

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome and wishes. Am very happy to be a part of this Driving Enthusiast Community and am looking forward to learn more from the Team and also given a chance provide my contribution when needed.

Regards.