1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Joining Linea Fan Club & TFI

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vivekanandrb, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My 2 cents on first service .

I did my first service in my recently concluded trip to native @ ~ 4500 odo reading @ RF Motors .

My first service got over in flat 30 minutes with me accompanying my car every second it was in the service center .

Added ~ 750 ml of Selenia Engine Oil . Got the liberty to accompany them to the store room and ensure that atleast they are taking the engine oil from a drum which was having Selenia name on it . Every other fluid level was in good shape .

I asked them not to do car washing (I was planning to get the car washing outside ) and wheel allignement since I prefer to get it done with private experts by paying .

They did checked everything else in my presence .

Ajit
  2. vivekanandrb

vivekanandrb Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks pammuluvcars, multijetter,flywheel
    @pammuluvcars - actually the problem I faced was at the very peak of Nandi hills - close to the gardens & eateries. I had to keep switching back to 1st quite often - mist & cold weather outside didn't help, as I had to keep the AC / heater on as well throughout the climb. No problems per se on the hairpin bends.
    @cutyred - thanks for your tips. I did indeed get the oil replaced, along with the filter . My experience with the 1st service is below:

Requested for all the checkups + full change of engine oil. Also asked for body repair for a dent on the front left where a scooterist had fallen on to the car - she slipped on gravel while trying to overtake me at a T-junction :( & there was a deep dent & cut behind the headlamps.

First impressions of the service centre (Prerana Mtrs, Hosur Rd, Bangalore) were bad - very congested & had to be extremely careful not to scrape my or the other cars there. First time that I was guided in, I could not even get out of the car, & the security asked me to climb out of the passenger side !! I flatly refused. Took 10 mins to get hold of the Fiat service engineer there. Post service, it was to be handed over to body shop & another SE for dent repair.
    Took back the car on Mon eve. The dent repair was very good - matching paint & no evidence of the accident anywhere. Post service, the car seemed like a different vehicle all together! Seemed (or at least I felt so) a lot smoother & quicker to rev than before. The sound from the left side had gone (glovebox, I was informed), while the more significant one from centre console continued with the same intensity - despite them having removed & reinstalled the centre console. They replaced the door beading under warranty. Quality of wash was extremely poor - there was some remnants on the windscreen which weren't removed using wipers; & similar spots on the window glasses. Several spots & streaks on the body as well. There were grease smudges on the centre console. The tyres were well polished however & gleamed black against the alloys, looking new. The SE who handled my case was on leave, so couldn't talk to him while taking the delivery. Will follow CutyRed's advice & get it washed outside.
    Will be taking the car back for rectifying the really irritating centre console rattle next month. All in all, I was happy that I would have to go back only once in 15K kms & hoping that B'lore gets a dedicated Fiat service centre soon!
    Drive safe!
  3. absahu

absahu

Bangalore
    Great color...One quick question does the bottom of your car scrape since it is a 2011 model...Why dont you go for the GC kit...It will help pyou a lot.
  4. vivekanandrb

vivekanandrb Timido

Bangalore
    Yes, it does bottom out. However, in the past 4 months I've learnt to navigate it better to avoid scrapes. It does happen still, but on really bad stretches (common on many Bangalore roads though :( ).
    I'm still pondering about the GC kit - Not so worried about change in dynamics, but the looks. I like the current stance it has, over the wheel well gap that may become apparent. Visible aesthetics Vs. invisible (scratches on the bottom)! I'm relying on the oft-quoted bottom protection of Fiat! Would prefer to use the money on replacing the bottom protection instead :)
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.