1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Job Resignation

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ScrewedDriver, Jan 14, 2015.

1. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    In that case ScrewedDriver should be ready to fight the legal battle and mind you that will not be easy. Moreover if he has signed on the document with the stated policy before he traveled, his case will be that much weaker.
    ScrewedDriver likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am sure company policies are in accordance to labour laws. In that case what @nikhil0405 says makes sense.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's the call he has to take. If he decides to fight legally his employer will not chose that path as they will know they can't win. And regardless of whether he signed whatever papers for those terms that will not be accepted by any court as preparing such bond document itself is illegal. Employer will be in trouble if they produce this document.
    rajeev_pillai likes this.
  4. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    How are you so sure that the employer will not fight. Point is, if this was known before the travel, why waste time and effort in this. I would always leave my employer on good terms. It is for ScrewedDriver to decide.
  5. ScrewedDriver

ScrewedDriver Timido

India
    Inboot
    Fiat Enthusiast
    nikhil0405 likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree. Given that it is only a matter of one month, going smoothly with the employer is better. But what they have done is illegal.

Bonded labor is illegal in India and it amounts to human rights violation. Some employers do this cheap tactics. Those documents may never come out of its place for sure. Whoever do the bonded labor whether a local don or a corporate it is illegal. Period.
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I do not agree that this is bonded labor. The employee has the right to leave but will incur a monetary loss. If what you say is true, the so called notice period that is required is also illegal.
    asimpleson likes this.
  8. ScrewedDriver

ScrewedDriver Timido

India
    Inboot
    Fiat Enthusiast
    nikhil0405 likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    And companies take Bond on pretext of spending huge on some people on training etc. Sorry if I sound like your company management.. :D:p
  10. ScrewedDriver

ScrewedDriver Timido

India
    Inboot
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Sometimes "People leave People", not the company ;).

@asimpleson , yes pure management.
    asimpleson likes this.