1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Job Resignation

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ScrewedDriver, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ScrewedDriver

ScrewedDriver Timido

India
    Inboot
    Fiat Enthusiast
    This might be weird thread,but being human everyone likes to know what happens next. :D Do's and Dont's .
    I'm planning to resign from my company,currently i'm in USA.As per my assignment letter my deputation says One year assignment.After coming back from deputation i cant resign for one month.if resigned, i should pay the Flight Charges etc etc with penalties.Now my deputation term is of only for 4 months and returning back soon,due to finish of the project.

Now i want to resign from the job immediately within this one month,so my question is, can i put my resignition ? Eventhough, if my company accepts and asks me to pay so n so flight charges penalties,can i proceed legally against my company.if i, dont want to pay ?

Please help me. :)
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Very weird topic,everybody will surely read this thread @@@@resignation@@@@@.
    mchanna and ScrewedDriver like this.
  3. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @ScrewedDriver

If you will return to India soon, why resign there? In case your company decides to terminate your services immediately after your resignation, you will be left in US without a valid visa ( since the visa is linked to your employer). Though chances of this are slim. This might affect your chances of getting a visa later on.
    My advice, resign once you return to India unless you have found a job there.
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What visa do you have?

If you decide to resign after coming back to India, no company can/will fight with you if you decide to take legal route. No one can dictate you terms. That is against labor law.
  5. ScrewedDriver

ScrewedDriver Timido

India
    Inboot
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thank you guys,
    @nikhil0405 @ramjn

im on L1.

Actually,my resign will be after coming to the India not during my tenure in USA,my company assignment letter says " after coming back from deputation should not resign within one month".thats my worry :) and i want to resign
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Since L1 is not transferable, your employer will cancel your visa before you leave the company.

I am telling this again. No one can stop you from resigning before one month. Your employer will not choose to fight legally if you decide to take that route.
  7. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @ScrewedDriver
    It depends on how strict your company is with its policies. I had resigned a day after returning from US (5 years stay) and was not charged for the airfare even though the airfare included that of my wife and kid. Also if you have a good enough job offer, it might make sense to resign immediately in case your future employer is not willing to wait long. It might then be better to forgo the airfare charges rather than loosing the job offer. If not, you can wait for a month rather than loose money.
    The thing is your present employer might just deduct the airfare amount from your final settlement and there is nothing much you will be able to so after that.
    ScrewedDriver likes this.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Well, my point is regardless of whether your company is strict on this policy or not, it is ILLEGAL to stop an employee from resigning and asking him to continue for certain period. If you take legal route, your employer will be penalized. They also know this. Sadly, employees are ignorant.
  9. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    There is no question of legal obligation. The question here is whether ScrewedDriver is willing to pay up for the airfare or not. The company cannot stop him from resigning but might charge for the airfare as per policy.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    They can't. If he resigns after coming back, they cannot impose any bond for staying or demanding any money. Period.