1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jinto's Punto :D All hail mighty Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Jinto, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Jinto

Jinto Timido

Bangalore
    Yeah baby Yeah... got my Punto 90 HP HHB :devil... got it 2 weeks back and did 1271 KM already Yippi kaeee..... We took this beast to Coorg and Nandhi hills in last couple of weeks. And as you expect on Highway Punto 90HP is a charm to be with... Did I say that I was grinning and grinning and grinning(a lot actually) when I was maneuvering my Punto on curves in Madekiri and Coorg... I love the way this car handles on the curves and highway...

Now couple of our Punto-photos from Coorg trip.

I loved this angle...

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

Booking and Buying experience
    My main inspiration to book Punto was my fellow TFI member Bins. We both are from Kerala and been doing some trips in his beloved Linea MJD to our native... (don't say to anyone else, he loves his car more than his wife :-D) and I loved how his car behaved... he literally brain washed me not to buy Volkswagen Vento/Cousin Rapid :). And my mind was full of Linea... but Home minister didn't approve the plan... When coming to financial planning am a baby... So after looong discussions(quarrels) I failed miserably as expected.... and only option there was to buy a hatchback...

Then came Punto... my requirements were, I needed a Diesel car and ABS was a must as I love to travel... Went to Vecto motors.. talked with them couple of times... scheduled for a test drive.. and on the scheduled day I waited for the Punto to come... but to my surprise nothing happened... when I called the SA whom i was talking... he said he is out off office... and will try to arrange car in 5 mins... I waited one day instead of 5 minutes.. still no response from these Vecto guys. So called Fiat Caffe and unlike vecto these guys responded well.. and Mr. Ganesh came with a Punto on the same day... Interaction with him was very fruitful. He is a very informative and talked about offers and price... and decided to go with Punto Dynamic... But as you know... I ended with Punto 90 HP.. Reasons: Wife wanted a car which have all the safety features + Husband wanted a more powerful car :D .. So we called Mr. Ganesh and changed Punto 90 HP... We both loved HHB on Punto... so there was no confusion which color we needed to buy.... It took one and half week for the car to arrive at Fiat Caffe's Stock yard, i went there immediately and did first level checkup..

- VIN no...
    - Any rattles when the engine is running
    - Scratches etc

Even though they didn't allow me to take the car for a ride.. I was fully satisfied how it looked...Mr. Ganesh said it will take 4 more days to complete the registration and other things... On the D-Day we went to their Domolur show room and did a through PDI.. A big thanks to TFI guys for coming up with PDI check list... I owe you guys... We were fully satisfied with the car and we took the delivery. It just took 1 hour for delivery and we were truly happy...

That's me and my wife and fellow TFIan Bins on the big D-Day.

2013 - 4.jpg

After the D-Day
    As you know we already took our car to Coorg and Nandhi hills.. Experience has been awesome.. we are getting a mileage of 15KM/L now.
    But there are couple of things which i didn't not like about the car.

1. Music player & Blue & Me integration... It is better I do not talk about it, am totally disappointed..
    2. No cup holders.

And one other thing I didn't like... Fiat changing their offers month by month...:eek: when i booked i got Absolute pack as the offer. Previous month they were offering free insurance... and from the news paper I came to know that they are offering 1 lac discount on this month's booking.... feeling like cheated... :(. And also no discount/offers other than the absolute pack given by FIAT from the showroom side when i bought it.

Next week am planning to take her to my Native for our X-mas vacation. BLR -> TCR its going to be long drive... and can't stop thinking about it... this waiting is killing me ;)

Thanking once again to TFI for this wonderful forum.
    9 people like this.
  2. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Welcome to Punto World. Nice Pictures.

I am planning to do Madikeri this Christmas. Ay Input about route and Road will be great help
  3. Jinto

Jinto Timido

Bangalore
    We took Kanakapura -> Malavalli route from BLR. No traffic, good road and occasionally some good places to stop by too. When compared to Bangalore-Mysore road, this road is good. Main attraction is no speed bumps :).
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Congrats on the Punto 90HP, she is a beast! :)

And unless am color blind, it is an Exotic Red punto, while I see that you mention HHB. (Hip Hop Black)
  5. Jinto

Jinto Timido

Bangalore
    Thank you :)

:p yeah... I noticed the error, but not able to edit... That 'Edit Post' link not coming.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congratulations Jinto on bringing home the 90HP scorcher. The colour truly look exotic on the car. We definitely need more pics to drool over.

Its good to know that you chucked the german twins to set your heat on the Italian beauty.

happy many more mile crunching and drive safely.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Jinto on Red Hot 90hp.Awesome pics of your Ride.
    Happy miles with Red Hot Baby 90hp.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is no good answer on why this sudden discount thing happens, I have always wondered what the immediate customers sans discounts should feel. Anyways inspite of these things the Punto is a great car both in it's 75 and 90 avatar. Great choice.

Enjoy your forthcoming trip to the max..Wish you many many happy miles ahead.
  9. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats on your punto RED is rocking as usual. .
    Don't worry about the offers now or look back on the deal , it changes from person to person I got the punto and next month absolute pack was given ;) .. Enjoy the drive You will forget all this ....soon punto wud be a part of your family... Happy and safe miles.
  10. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations buddy. Wish you for the long and happy miles ahead of you. :thumbup:

Sent From Canvas 4 using Tapatalk