1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jetta 1.4 TSI vs Tjet a quick comparison

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by sungoa2010, Jul 2, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    just saw a review of New Jetta 1.4 TSI at a forum . Being 1.4 turbo engine I am trying to compare the main specs of Jetta 1.4 TSI and Tjet 1.4 here.

Engine capacity : TSI 1.4(1390cc) Tjet 1.4 ( 1368 cc) Tjet less by 22 cc

Power(BHP) : TSI1.4 (121@5000) , Tjet 1.4 (114@5000) Jetta has 7BHP more

Torque: 1.4 TSI (200NM@1500-4000) , 1.4 Tjet (2007 NM@2200NM) Tjet has 7NM torque more

Length(mm) : Jetta (4644), Tjet (4560)- Jetta is 84mm longer

Kerbweight(kg) : Jetta(1403) , Tjet (1230) - Jetta is 173 kg heavier

Height(mm) : Jetta(1453) , Tjet(1487 ): Tjet is 32 mm taller

Width(mm): Jetta (1778) , Tjet( 1730) : Jetta is 48 mm wider

GC(mm) : Jetta (159), Tjet(170) - Tjet has 11mm more GC

Price : Jetta Mid model (15L) Tjet Top model is 9.4L Difference is a atom bomb

Source Jetta data is taken from TBHP Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review - Team-BHP

These are the comparison of specifications. For drive and features we need to wait for the details to appear in the VW india web page.

I failed to find a proper comparison between the two turbo engines in the above forum but it was compared with other bigger engines. The reason is that they have the same price range. What is so special about price. The first engine to be compared with 1.4 TSI is the Tjet. Torque of Tjet is compensated for power of Jetta. But Tjet being better power to weight ratio will have advantage here. One is a car that is tried to place at lower price by compromising on certain departments while other is priced extremely at higher side. Though both is called as 1.4L Tjet 1.4 is 22 CC lesser than TSI 1.4 still producing equal out put(BHP and torque combined). For real performance on road one need to test drive both.

Please correct me if any of the above figures are wrong.
    7 people like this.
  2. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Good comparison,

If it was the direct import from its heart

Actually Tjet has 2 versions 120ps & 150 ps producing torque of 207nm and 230nm

Here its not available :(. In highway both Jetta and linea are some what same. have experienced in chn - blr - kovai Highways.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

That is a nice comparisons.. why the fuss for VW.. not value for money.. still people go for it.. one thing i like abt their cars are the looks better quality when compared to Fiat.. but that shouldn't be a reason for the high premium price tag..
  4. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Definitely T-Jet is VFM. T-Jet discounted price is half of Jetta top model price.

Even top model Jetta doesn't support automatic climate control (correct me if i am wrong).
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Yes Jetta is not VFM for that price. They should have used the TSI for Vento.

Allow Fiat that price tag(Jetta) in India and Italian designers will show what they can make. What is happening here is that we are getting cars that are filled faris more features than it's competitors and little bit of compromise on quality of plastics is what they can do. I personally than Fiat for bringing a wonderful product to reach of a common man. One will see other than Fiat no other car maker will do that. I personally believe that Tjet belongs to Civic,Altis,Jeta class and with slight compromise on plastics. Tjet is longer than Altis;) If we see the other forums we will see people using the excuses like "Just for academic purpose", "I know it is not a fair comparison but..." . The same mind set of people will compare a Punto and alto k10 without any guilty feeling:confused:
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes sungoa, Surely TJET is VFM product, why believe! actually in west civic, TJET linea are in same band category and are in competition , in India due to pricing & some modifications its under civic.
    No need any doubt. Even in INDIA you can see FIAT mostly targeting with HONDA products,
    for ex , when we heard GC increase going to come for linea , honda launched before in city +5mm , but fiat made it 185 mm think Honda didn’t expect this. :)
    Like this many will be similar if you see both Honda and fiat in INDIA portfolio
    1 person likes this.
  7. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    It is 207NM.

Actually I never understood why VW has introduced this 1.4TSI petrol model.
    If anyone wants to go for petrol, he would go for the 1.8 TSI LAURA or the Corolla, both of which are cheaper than this.
    and if anyone wants to go for diesel, then VW 2.0TDI is a much better option at 1.33L more.

One thing that comes to my mind is that this offering from VW will certainly highlight the Tjet. The Tjet now looks extremely VFM compared to the 1.4TSI Jetta.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Very correct. Also VW will advertise turbo petrol better than Fiat. And now people will come to know that there exist a technology to turbo charge a petrol engine and there already exist a monster called Tjet with much affordable price and superior drive without compromising on safety and with tons of futures:D
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    It will still sell more than TJet. Reason being VW will advertise better and people will think VW introduced turbocharged Petrol in India.
    Also, most prospective buyers won't know that it's a 1.4 and they will simply assume that it's a much bigger engine as it is a Jetta. If only they knew it's a 1.4!
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The Smaller yet significant things :D

- Jetta is not equipped with leather seats where as T-Jet has.

- No Climate control on Jetta where as it is available with T-Jet.

- No spare alloys on Jetta but available with T-Jet.
    1 person likes this.