1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jet, set & go ! - tjet+ tw

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Shyam, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Shyam

Shyam

@varun,
    not all of those accessories were freebies.. i had to pay for reverse parking .. Things like neckrest/car cover/ GPS , not part of the deal

Am not that good at price negotiations .. maybe why i was ok with the dealer exp :eek:

I will be reaching Tvm on monday ( 7/4 ) .. will post pics sometime that week
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

Hey Shyam congrats on your Jet. There is no car below 10 lakhs which as good as the Jet. Enjoy crunching more miles, and yes MC Road is fun to drive if you have a Fiat with you :) We are planning to have a meet at Varkala beach on 21/08/2011. Please come for the meet if you are free on that day.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  3. Shyam

Shyam

Was a bit tied up in work / Travel, and could not really find time to post here

I have completed 5000 Kms .. here's how it went
    - there was an engine oil leak ; turns out it was my fault..to do with the oil dipstick,after replacing the stick , you have to give it a nudge, for it to lock / seat properly
    - left door lock issue- could not open the left door from inside
    - at highway speeds, ( > 100 ) , can hear a bit of wind forcing its way inside.. though there is no leak during rain
    - was a bit surprised that fiat does not change engine oil during their first service..

Mileage figures as follows ( all with regular driving, mostly 2 pax, 33/36 psi )
    - City : 13 +
    - city + h'way : 15+
    - highway : 18+ ( would not be surprised if i can touch 20 )

Posting a few hastily taken snaps here

Image0050.jpg
    ^at my home

Image0068.jpg
    ^mileage after a drive of 30 Kms in city + ~150 kms on h'way
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Shyam,

Mileage figures are impressive. I am getting similar figures, getting 18+ is amazing, the max I could extract was 16.6 (With full load)

Reg: >> - was a bit surprised that fiat does not change engine oil during their first service..

Fiat engine oils are changed at 15K intervals. I insisted for oil replacement and got it done during first service.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  5. Shyam

Shyam

Hi Vasudev

When i requested for (paid ) oil change, the guys here were a bit reluctant to do so..apparently they are supposed to strictly follow the instructions laid down by fiat.. They were citing concerns about warranty being voided ( :eek: ),,

As for the mileage, just make sure your tires are inflated with the right pressure (cold )..
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi Shyam,

They played similar drama when I asked for oil change. Basically oil changing is bit difficult on the TJet's. It takes more than one hour to complete the task.

We own Spark, GM dealer did not agree to change the oil before 5K on odo (citing manual says oil change only after 5K), I got it changed from local mechanic. We cannot do the same for TJet :)

Thank you for the advise on the Tyre pressure, will have it checked.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011