1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jet, set & go ! - tjet+ tw

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Shyam, Jun 14, 2011.

1. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Congratulations Shyam!! a wonderful car and beautiful color!!

I too started with the budget of 5 lacs and land up with T jet but very happy with my choice.

now its a time to enjoy your jet and upload the pictures
  2. Congratulations Shyam on your T-Jet.
    Do upload the pics as well.

After clocking around 700kms take it for a short and fast spin to open it up a bit. Touch speeds of around 120~140.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congrats shyam on the new jet. have you taken the delivery or waiting for it? from which showroom are you taking it?
  4. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

Congats Shyam!!! waiting to see the pics
  5. Congrats Shyam.
    You'd love TJet just for her Power, Acceleration, Punchy Mid Range and the feel of turbo kick.
  6. Shyam

Shyam

Guys, thanks much for your wishes

I had just typed out a fairly long post , detailing my buying exp and initial impressions, but it seems to have got lost :-( .. Have to retype it all over again.. might be a bit later before i get around to it

Pics would take some time, as i am now in bangalore, and my car in trivandrum :-(
  7. Shyam

Shyam

Dealer Exp & initial impressions
    Kind of retyping this post .. would be difficult to cover things in detail as i had in my original (lost) post

would like to point out that , my previous driving/ ownership experiences were mainly on tata/hyundai ( older ) & maruti ( 800's, alto/ wagonr ) .. So any of my subjective opinions would be against these

Dealer Exp (trivandrum) : Chose MM over KM, as MM is within walking distance from my house.. i did try to visit KM, but was caught/fined for driving without a helmet .. So decided to stick to MM :)

overall dealership exp. was ok i guess.. Compared to maruti / Hyundai dealers, i felt at ease in MM.. At one of the maruti dealers- the SA could not digest it, when i refused to divulge my personal details ( phone , addr etc ) when i went there for inquiry, and he could not understand why i walked out either, when he kept insisting..

No such kind of hassles / harrassment from MM.. Found the SA / Prod Mgr friendly, pleasing & courteous. though a bit lacking in information, in certain areas... but they did not attempt to cover it up..
    Have come across posts here where folks have mentioned italian coffee et all as part of their dealer exp.. nothing like that for me here at MM. I found their showroom spacious, not overcrowded , atmosphere pleasing.. As for efficiency & working style, all i can say is that, it is typically indian :)

Accessories : Car perfume, Vinyl flooring, reverse sensors, mud flaps, door visors , underbody coating ( pending ) .. Rejected sun films and 'teflon' coating
    Planned : window curtains, GPS nav , original fiat tyvek covers, neck rests and back seat cushions

My choice of color was BNW, but willingly gave in to my wife's preference for TW .. ( politics everywhere ! )

The car came out decently washed & cleaned i guess , though on closer inspection at home, could find spots on the inside that needed cleaning.. The reverse sensor was not installed properly, had to return for the fix ..The rubber lining in the driver door needs rework, which i will get around to, once i am back in Tvm

Initial impressions: The car is BIG / looks gorgeous (color?) .. Would about sum up the initial reactions from friends/family ..This would be the first fiat in my immediate family / friends circle

Seating- I am 6ft, but even with height adjust seat/steering, found it difficult to arrive at a comfortable seating position.. Though after a few days of driving , i think i have it

Driver visibility is not that great.. The reverse parking sensor comes with a bigger / wider RVM, which obstructs visibility when cornering.. The A pillars also reduce visibility in turns.. Not really sure if this is to do with my seating position..

Sunglass holder, atop the driver door , is poorly placed.. When going slowly over bad roads, my head hits it all the time.. real irritant

Sturdily built, was the comment from my family, after going over bad roads , and comparing that with their exp in new maruti / hyundai cars :)

The turn indicators on the left side is also a bit irritating, as it means you have to have both your hands on the steering, specially in city :-0

Clutch & gear feels like tata / maruti - nothing really to differentiate.. Remember having driven cars , this more than 10 years back, in the US, which had very slick gears with short shifts.. Even the hyundai accent ( earlier models ) had much better feel .. finding the the clutch play to be rather long, probably i need to adjust to it

City driving is a bit of a bother.. I have been driving diesels all my life , and kind of used to short shifting all the time.. It just dosent work here . Had stalled the car a couple of times.. Guess Need to adjust my driving style... you can putter around in 3rd gear in speeds as low as 20- but in stop & go kind of traffic , you need to keep shifting 1st & 2nd ( unlike diesels, where i hardly ever use the 1st gear )

highway driving is like WOW .. coming from tata/maruti/hyundai background, do not having anything i can compare it with.. The MC road in trivandrum is a good drive ( by kerala standards ) .. I have taken her out for a trip of 350 kms, on MC roads & NH.. I really had absolute fun throwing her around the corners and bends.. I was consciously keep my rpm to 2k & therabouts, but had absolutely no problems keeping up with the Honda citys and hyundai's.. In fact , after a little while, it was them who could not keep up with me.. Specially around the turns, where they would slow down, i could keep going .. Was really impressed with the straight line accelerations/ speeds as well, whatever i could manage in under 2.5 K rpm,
    Interesting , on my return journey , inside the city, i could kind of just about barely keep up with a VW Polo, around tight turns .. doubt if i could have kept up if the roads were free .. Kind of need to rework my impression of the polo

Will keep updating this thread, though it might take a while, as i am travelling right now

@roy / Varun - Do you fiat'ians meet up in trivandrum ? Would definitely like to get to know you guys..
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the T-jet. Whats a Linea ownership thread without pictures of the Linea in it. Do post the pictures.

Enjoy many more turbo miles with your T-jet.
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Congrats mate and welcome to the club :)
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congrats on the new jet shyam. the thread isnt colorful without at least a couple of pics. it indeed the best colour among the ones offered for fiats here. You ve quoted a big array of freebies, did you bargain hard for that or you got it as you picked up the '10 stock ? I am also a newbie to this family as i bought my babe this month only. even i havent met up with others except for cinju. Well, we can plan one quickly for sure and its going on at the tvm meet thread here.: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?703-Meet-at-Trivandrum/page13 .