1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jerk problem in Linea

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Siddhartha86, Jun 2, 2010.

1. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    I also had this issue in my Punto 1.2. Got the ECM reprogrammed at Auto Sterling, Noida. Now, it runs smooth....no jerks at all in bumper to bumper traffic.
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Hey dude wat kinda ECU reprogramme u done?? Kindly explain cuz im also facing jerks in 1st 2nd n 3rd gear.Was it the AC ECU update??
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ravi,

Just few days before 30k kms service, I started experiencing those jerks while gear shifting you're talking about. They went away after 30k kms service. So the solution may be Air Filter/ Fuel filter cleaning or change.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the info.
    The jerk is very minor, but I am thinking to show it after Diwali.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yeah, I agree. Its not even an issue. I didn't notice it also. Its just that I bumped onto this thread now & remembered. I think Filters would need cleaning.
  6. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    i have a similar problem too ...i face it mostly in the second gear when using the AC( i guess when the compressor kicks in)....suddenly the car gives a really bad jerk...as if its stalling...and the yellow check engine light and red overheating lamp come on with a message about low oil or something and it disappears within a second.and the car uncontrollably races ahead for a second or two. however, its a rare thing and doesnt happen every time but it happens once in a while. i plan on getting a re-map at kirrus soon, im pretty sure its poor ECU programing by FIAT
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since one and half year i had this problem of jerk at lower gears in lower rpm.Morning 11am changed with new battery, first of all noticed that engine started in first crank vow... afterwards changed the gear and the car felt all with new energy levels,suddenly car felt more fast.
    Felt the difference in each and every gear , never thought battery will change so much. In bumper to bumper trafic i will always feel the jerks but today not a single jerk.I was surprised.After coming home driven alot in first gear once the rpm reached1600or 1800 rpm removed the leg from accel pedal and when again pressed the accel pedal not a single jerk, done the test for almost half n hour, because i know how the jerk feels like though car is breathless.Well my battery upgrade solved the jerk problem and im 100% sure now the battery was culprit.

My query is can anyone let me know why it happened? Supply current problem at lower gears? 50mA is really enough for 1.3 MjD?
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes this is enough, unless someone has put lots of extra electrical items.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi,
    By reading posts here in this thread i got a feel that after one year or one and half year the jerk problem starts or we can say after 30k or 50k kms the jerk problem starts.