1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jerk problem in Linea

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Siddhartha86, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad

Nopes , they are working fine / work fine when this jerk this happens ... I just a message on the display " fuel/oil pressure low" for like a second or something and it goes away.
  2. Yesterday evening got a call from dealership that the speedometer gear and pinion has arrived at the workshop. :dancing
    The order was placed on 26th of may.It took 8 days to get the part delivered.Not bad at all :clap
    I will be going at the workshop on Tuesday !!
    Will write further experience then.....
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is good news. This is how they should work on spares. 8 days to Lucknow is good.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    The message is "Engine Oil Pressure Low. Stop & Turn off the engine"

This message comes when the car is about to stall due to not downshifting gears in time.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good news Sid.. Hopefully part replacement should take care of your issue.. .Plz update us about the same post replacement
  6. Hey all,

Gave my Linea on Tuesday for the the replacement of Speedometer Gear and Pinion.Got my car on Wednesday evening.Both the parts were replaced under warranty.Took the test ride of the vehicle with the mechanic of the TASC. Speedometer and MID are now normal and the jerk problem also has been completely removed :clap .Now the car feels smooth as butter :cool .
    The mechanic told me an interesting thing when I asked why the problem has cropped up.He said that it is a manufacturing defect in Linea.This problem was told by the FIAT people while they were given training.Now the company manufactures modified form of these pinions which are ok and tested.He told me "Sir ye speedometer morning ke samay sahi chalta hoga", to which I replied yes.Further he told me that when the engine heats up and when engine oil comes in contact with the Pinion then it stops working.
    At last he told me since it was a manufacturing defect thats why the part has been delivered so soon :shocked (8 days) and a full Brochure was also delivered by Fiat which had a mechanism to change the pinion for the sake of the mechanic of the TASC
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Good to know that problem got solved, Sid

However, Speedometer problem is a news. In last 1 year, haven't heard from many on such an issue. If as per that TASC exe, its a defect than won't all Linea's purchase earlier would face it?
  8. Yes Amit very true but he told me this only.... :confused
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am also feeling now a days little jerk while changing gear, mainly in 2nd and 3rd. Though it is very little jerk, but thinking to get fuel filter checked?
    Can fuel filer be changed independently?
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Hey guys even im feeling the jerk while changing from 2nd to 3rd.rest shifts are fine.
    So does this state we need the above work done?? My MID/speedometer is fine though.But im getting the jerk while changing gears(I hate those jerks makes me embarrass).What needs to be replaced?? Not all TASS guys lissen and agree for replacement under warranty.