1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jerk problem in Linea

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Siddhartha86, Jun 2, 2010.

1. No its not a driving style error because in between when the speedo comes back to normal then no jerk is felt.Then thereafter again when the speedo is dead the jerk also comes back in the same way.
    At this point MID only displays Date and Time correctly.The odometer is hanged at 5127 km.
    The avg speed, cons, travel time display like this '----'.
    The tacho, fuel indicator and temp. gauge are normal.
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

So you mean to say, the speedo goes to "0" when the car is in motion??? but the rpm stays at 1,000 rpm?? :?:

As for the MID Whenever the speed drops below a minimum speed of (I assume) 5-10km/h the MID shows "----" for IC and other indications. (normal) So that is connected to the speedo..

Then have the replacement done, and see if the problem still exists..
    Till then..
  3. Yes speedo goes 0 and tacho is normal as ever.
    '----' shows when speed is less but in my case evrything becomes '----' at any speed.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    It seems some sensor gone kaput or some loose connection somewhere. Sid, I think you've got ECU analyser attached. right? what was the diagnosis ?
  5. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    Well , this just in Linea ... i have 1.4 Punto and I am experiencing the same thing. I normally observed these jerks in 2nd or the 3rd gear , but it's not a rule. Sometimes I have got them while the car was standing still in the traffic. What I noticed was that when this jerk thing happens ... for a microsecond the yellow indicator which is for the Fuel Ignition (not sure what they call it ) lights up and then disappears. I told my service guys on the first servicing but they didn't have a clue about it. They put the car in 'examiner' , but he said they can't find anything wrong. He said there were some errors in ECU , but they cleaned it. So , now it seems it's a problem with the 1.4 FIRE engines.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    By any chance, are you guys using Premium Petrol in your cars?
  7. Yes the service guys attached the ECU Scanner but they couldn't diagnose the problem.
    After few hours they called me up and told that Pinion of the gearbox and Speedometer gear is faulty and they need to replace them.This replacement procedure needs opening of the gear box.
    I never used premium petrol in my car.
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Siddhartha, Let the TASC perform the repairs (it has to be FOC). Let us know if there is a improvement...

Pramit, try visiting another TASC, get a second opinion....
  9. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    Yeah ... gonna go to another dealership and tell them abt this problem...hope it helps.
  10. Pramit, are speedometer and MID also not working in your car ?