1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

JEEP Renegade

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by puntosat, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

If the release dates are into future like in 2016, then I feel, FIAT needs to bring in the latest model at that time, and not something that is release now.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Source - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...-toyota-owners-helps-lift-u-s-share-cars.html

Chrysler Luring Toyota Owners Helps Lift U.S. Share

• Chrysler is on an unprecedented winning streak. As Jeep benefits from consumers’ renewed attraction to SUVs.
    • That would be Chrysler’s 53rd straight month of rising sales. Chrysler is the only large automaker expected to post a sales gain of more than 10 percent for August.
    • In USA, for the first time, more people are buying SUVs than sedans.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    asimpleson, Murphy_Fiat and bharath like this.
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Renegede looks really good.Hope it brings good fortune for Fiat in India. Hope Fiat will able to short issues and able to meet the launch time as planned.
  4. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

This is one looks very desirable.

Right now, there are not a lot of compelling products for the 7 seater premium SUVs in the 25 - 30 lac range. If JEEP can get the Grand Cherokee in this range, it will be a killer in this segment !
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Fiat Freemont Black Code. what an amazing design it is.

2013 Fiat Freemont Black Code Frankfurt 2013 Photos (6).jpg

6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Shouldnt this very well compete with Fortuner?
  7. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Grand Cherokee not less than 70 Lakhs IMHO. Read quite a few articles on that. It is a super luxury vehicle.

Yeah I second you on that. I believe freemont can do wonders for FIAT and if priced appropriately, considering FIAT's reputation in india, it can be a sales hit.

Renegade seems to be promising. This is what FIAT needs to do. Target all the segments gradually, Because there is not one upgrade after Linea and there goes another customer.. Well, what can they do? FIAT has not left them a choice.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Some pics of the renegade... sorry for the crappy images, cos its taken in mobile, will try to get a TD in near future.
    This is my favorite angle of renegade, love its Tail lamp design, the rear and side, but ruined the front IMHO , trying to maintain the traditional Jeep look. a squarish headlamp would ve changed the front look completely.
    Loved the tinge of orange splash everywhere, even in speedo console. There is no key slot, its just a start/stop button there in that position, you just need to have the key fob in your hand(i know it has even come in hatchbacks like micra nowadays).
    It is not very powerful, just comes in 1.4 multiair petrol, 1.6 MJD and 2.0 MJD, just like in alfa romeo gulietta and the 4WD option is there in 2.0L MJD only, not in all variants. All come with 6 speed GB. The back seat space is not so much as in proper SUVs like XUV or safari, but adequate for a car of this size, its almost similar size of fiat 500L and similarly priced too, albeit slightly higher for its brand image. Its priced much cheaper than freemont, which is a full sized SUV and retails at almost 35k EU.
    Have attached a spec n price sheet too in the end.

9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I fear it will be/is deemed too small, and therefore a risk for Fiat India, for the Indian D1 segment. It is very similar in size to the Skoda Yeti, albeit with much more character, identity and brand-charisma, and that car (NOT 'SUV' !) never sold at all, still doesn't.

I guess India will get this beautiful interpretation of the Jeep design language ONLY if they decide and/or need to make India an export base for RHD markets, like they're planning for the Jeep C-SUV promised for localized manufacture in end-2016. Only then will they be able to avoid the pricing difficulties that killed the Yeti at birth (economies of scale). A great pity, though, its non-manufacture here, will be!

Anyway: with Fiat diesels in the upcoming Maruti Suzuki crossovers (3 of them by 2016, apparently) and pretty solid news that Tata have decided to use the 2 litre multijet on their future (for 2017) Safari/Aria replacements, Fiat will earn good profits from the C2, and D1 (9 lakh to 20 lakh) priced CUV/SUV-s, with Jeep playing only at Fortuner prices (20-25+ lakhs) with the India-made C-SUV, and above of course, with the CKD/CBU models (Grand Cherokee et al).
    Lunafiatic likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    sanjay_mugur likes this.