1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

JEEP Renegade

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by puntosat, Mar 4, 2014.

1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    India autoblog which according to me is the best & fastest indian aito site says JEEP Renegae is bound for India..

Jeep Renegade new images leak

They are also in Geneva now to cover the auto show there..

Id this vehicle is around 10 lakhs in India..should be a great buy..
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    :dancing:wow:dance:dance:dance Bring it on Fiat
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I logged in to post this but you had it already:evilsmile.

Anyways, here are my inputs. This is why Jeep got delayed as i said earlier during last post of mine about Renegade's spy pics from Quattro-route magazine. These Indian sites have no idea, I doubt it will be as low priced as Ecosport or Duster. Let me tell you a few things, why?

1. It will come only in AWD
    2. It is having 9-speed ZF gear-box which is only found in Range Rover Evoque and Jeep Cherokee as on date. A state of the art Gearabox to boost fuel efficiency by as much as 15% when compared to 8 speed auto of ZF. Reason Why Jeep Cherokee gets the same mileage with nonturbo and 6 cylinder engines, as it contenders despite of being heavier by a min. of 600 pounds!
    3. It will definitely be launched in India since it was developed in India and Europe. Based on Punto's modified platform, it explains why Punto Cross prototypes were seen, to gather inputs for renegade.
    4. It will be built only in Italy (as of now according to reports). That will make it an import
    5. It's state of the art modern vehicle loaded with technologies that B-seg. is yet to witness any where on planet. like Lane departure warning, rear axle disconnect, Parallel and perpendicular self parking, standard 9 Airbags, Very low crawl ratio of 20:1 (cruise control for off-roading) means a true off-roader, TFT screen display inside instrument cluster which is found among high end vehicles like Grand Cherokee. It's TRAILRATED by jeep means it has perfected Rubicon trail, one of the most stringent test for Off-roading vehicles.
    6. It has got many off roading modes via a rotary shifter (sand/mud/sport/snow) like Grand Cherokee or Junior Cherokee....
    7. It will have powerful engines like 2.4 Multiair and 2 ltr MJD (may be 1.6 MJD for India).

It is much more capable vehicle and very sophisticated. What i think that it will be brought here as CKD (Completely knocked down units) and be assembled at Rajandgaon plant to keep cost as low as possible. Still for a high end Renegade, we are talking about more like 15-20 lacs.

You will find in-depth details here. Let me show some of the pics to give an idea how niche this Baby Wrangler is:wink:
    I logged in to post this but you had it already:evilsmile.

Anyways, here are my inputs. This is why Jeep got delayed as i said earlier during last post of mine about Renegade's spy pics from Quattro-route magazine. These Indian sites have no idea, I doubt it will be as low priced as Ecosport or Duster. Let me tell you a few things, why?

1. It will come only in AWD
    2. It is having 9-speed ZF gear-box which is only found in Range Rover Evoque and Jeep Cherokee as on date. A state of the art Gearabox to boost fuel efficiency by as much as 15% when compared to 8 speed auto of ZF. Reason Why Jeep Cherokee gets the same mileage with nonturbo and 6 cylinder engines, as it contenders despite of being heavier by a min. of 600 pounds!
    3. It will definitely be launched in India since it was developed in India and Europe. Based on Punto's modified platform, it explains why Punto Cross prototypes were seen, to gather inputs for renegade.
    4. It will be built only in Italy (as of now according to reports). That will make it an import
    5. It's state of the art modern vehicle loaded with technologies that B-seg. is yet to witness any where on planet. like Lane departure warning, rear axle disconnect, Parallel and perpendicular self parking, standard 9 Airbags, Very low crawl ratio of 20:1, a true off-roader, TFT screen display inside instrument cluster which is found among high end vehicles like Grand Cherokee It's TRAILRATED by jeep means it has perfected Rubicon trail, one of the most stringent test for Off-roading vehicles.
    6. It has got many off roading modes via a rotary shifter (sand/mud/sport/snow) like Grand Cherokee or Junior Cherokee....
    7. It will have powerful engines like 2.4 Multiair and 2 Ltr MJD (may be 1.6 MJD for India).

It is much more capable vehicle and very sophisticated. What i think that it will be brought here as CKD (Completely knocked down units) and be assembled at Rajandgaon plant to keep cost as low as possible. Still for a high end Renegade, we are talking about more like 15-20 lacs.

You will find in-depth details here. Let me show some of the vehicles to give an idea how niche this Baby Wrangler is:wink:

2015 Jeep Renegade: the mini-Jeep

2014-Jeep-Cherokee-Limited-front-end.jpg

2014-Jeep-Cherokee-Limited-front-end-grille.jpg

2014-Jeep-Cherokee-Limited-rear-three-quarters.jpg

bu.jpg

gauge-cluster.jpg

jeep-field.jpg

interior-trailhawk.jpg

mysky.jpg

renegade-limited-interior.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Mine is an index sheer ...and ENKI yours is the actual story book !!!

Now I understand why it won't come under 10...may be around 13-15 :)
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    If it manages to make with the said bracket, then all these pseudo SUVs will bite the dust for sure!!
    Lunafiatic and kailasmenon2000 like this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

American Hardcore Jeep enthusiast actually didn't like this new vehicle more like New Cherokee. According to them, it doesn't look manly, butch bla bla. With some Italian flair injected into Jeep, on ground they are evolving as True Modern Jeep, as rugged and off-roading capable but complete Luxury and capable inside, drives like sports car on the road but ready to take mountains with no conversion. This thing was missing for sometime and Land Rover was heading in this direction. Improving one aspect without sacrificing other. FIAT-JEEP are getting it bang on too, Jeep Cherokee made a lot of converts. Jeep enthusiast who were criticizing it's polar design, when drove them off-road, openly apologized to FIAT-Chrysler for their ignorance. New Cherokee selling like hot cakes is testimony to the fact.

Jeep is getting truly global, thanks to FIAT platforms. You would be mistaken if you only consider Jeeps as off-roaders only. They are as capable on-roader as any other German SUV but no one can go where a Jeep can go when it comes to off-roading (Barring Land rover). They have become that good.

Do you really think any modern cute crossover on the face of earth can even imagine do this stuff? Jeeps do!!

It will also give you an idea that Jeep slaps a "TRAILHAWK" badge on any of it's vehicle, what is it capable of! This mini jeep is also TRAILHAWK rated :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ENKI, with those specs and conditions, I would expect to see it in the 25 L price range.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    It will definitely be launched at a price around 20 lacs
  10. bediman

bediman Timido

Guys, Fiat in their global five year plan for India said they'd assemble the Grand Cherokee at Ranjangaon and 'industrialize' (i.e., localize) production in India for a Jeep C-SUV in 2016, most likely NOT the Renegade but the yet-to-be-revealed bigger Compass & Patriot replacement, with the Fiat 1.6 MJD. But then Autocar recently claimed based on Fiat India sources that the Renegade would be locally manufactured too, only later, at sub-15 lakh prices while the bigger C-SUV would be more towards the Fortuner's price-points.

Methinks they will have two winners if they meet such price-targets. Alas, not before 2016 for the C-SUV with the Renegade coming hopefully a year later!