1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jeep compact crossover spied testing (Fiat's Trump Card for India)

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by multijetter, Sep 23, 2013.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The brilliantly styled (both retro-cute AND bad-ass) Fiat 500X, sibling of the Jeep Renegade, is coming up soon. Fiat's already outselling Mini by a huge margin in the US, methinks they can double sales in America with the 500X, given that that market almost hates small hatchbacks but loves crossovers and SUVs.

Sad that there's no chance of the 500X coming to India (locally manufactured) but Fiat India should bring its sibling, the Jeep Renegade, as soon as they can (2016?!)

Cannot wait to see the styling on the early-2016 crossover for Brazil/India etc that Autocar reports will be coming to India, with the 1.5/1.6 mjd.

Between affordable, India-made Jeeps and that Fiat crossover and the Avventura too, methinks Fiat can really grab a big enough chunk of the very profitable and booming market for crossovers/'SUVs in India (and China etc)!
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

I dont mind the Fiat 500L either ! At 11-13 lacs with an uprated TJet/multi-air engine..could be my next one!!

upload_2014-9-17_20-26-39.jpeg
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip, speaking of which:

I am sick of having to suffer the consequences (reduced availibility of good car options at localized prices) of other people's (i.e., the wider car buying public) prejudices and aversions. eg., a 500L Living 7-seater would not sell more say a few dozen at best, and yet the epically exorbitant Innova STILL sells to the tune of 4500. And so we do not get the 500L, even though Fiat could probably localize it to cost much less than a top-end Innova. And so on, awfully, ad nauseum. VW Golf? Ford Fiesta hatch? Chevy Sonic? Fiat Viaggio?
    acechip likes this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

@prabhjot- we all are united in your grief !:D.

As I always say, it boils down to strategy at the end of the day. A few good things done by Toyota in the right place (MUV) at the right time (virtually no reliable competition) has placed them in an enviable position. They dont even bother about the so-called bread-butter segment of Etios/Liva. Their pious deeds in the past of bringing in the Qualis at a time when our homegrowns were brandishing ultra-pathetic quality in the form of Trax, (old) Safari/Sierra/Sumo/Victa/Spacio/whatever:meh:,MM540/Commander/Major General:confused: , brought them so much more brand equity that the Innova was a runaway hit, still unmatched in its segment inspite of Scorpio/XUV/Storme etc. Now THAT is one niche player that has really carved out its space.
    Isnt it ironical that people endlessly debate about XUV/Scorpio/Storme/Aria hitting 140 kph, being stable or not, having cruise control/AWD/4X4 and whatnots, while the much underpowered and less featured Innova, cruising happily at 80-100kph, satisfies more people's needs and consequently commands a price premium. The folks at Mahindra and Tata (particularly) have much to learn.
    vishnu's, prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.