1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

JD Power Survey – New Car Quality Improves In 2011. But what about FIAT

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by PaddleShifter, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I have drive 32K kms from march 2010 onwards on my Punto MJD. So far so good. A little bit of niggles here and there, and i would like to attribute the roads to it and i think any car would give up these for our road conditions. Im very satisfied with the 21 month ride ! I cannot ask for anything more than this for the price i had paid !
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I have not had any rattles, squeaks, niggles etc in my 2009 Linea.

However, there is one fact that always lingered in my mind. THe QC & PDI could have been much much better.

The top edge of the plastic cowl where it starts from the A pillar, juts out from its fixing. First it happened on left side. It jutted out almost vertically till one day when I found it broken. Replaced the cowl. Now since last 2 months right side one has jutted out and became almost vertical. It'll break out any day.

Bonnet - bumper alignment is never perfect in almost any Linea. Panel gaps are an eye-sore though I do not give much importance to it. Lot many parts changed under warranty. Clear Coat is peeling off. Brake Pads & Brake Discs replaced at about 30K kms. Fitting of various items leaves a lot to desire. Small issues like Panel gaps, alignment, fit & finish are usually not found in premium sedans & hence I feel QC & PDI could have been much better.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    When I bought my MS Versa in 2004, the AC compressor and thermostat switch went kaput within a month of purchase. Bimal Auto Agency took three days to identify the problem and returned the vehicle to me asking me to come after one month as the spares were to come from Chennai. So, for more than a month, I used my Versa without AC. Even buying experience was not good at Bimal Auto Agency, who backed out from delivering a promised accessory. I had to threaten them with cancellation of my purchase, when they relented. Whenever, my Versa returned from the service centre, I used to find some nuts and bolts missing. So much for the market leader who had more than 75% market share at that time. Thank god, I didn't have any such sour experience in case of my Linea [of September 2009 make] which travelled from Kanniyakumari to Kashmir in 16 states/UT of India without any problem. On the whole, I would say, the quality of FIAT India products is much better than the others notwithstanding some minor niggles. But, I sincerely don't know the difference in quality of 2009 vs 2010 vs 2011 makes of FIAT India products.
  4. My experience hasnt been that good I took delivery of my car on 1st October and i have faced the following since then.

1) Steering wheel alignment. The wheel is kept in center postion the car moved towards right. They worked on it and its better now but not perfectly in the middle
    2) Driver side power window stopped working- They replaced the entire central locking unit...took it out from one of the car in their yard as the spare wasnt available
    3) Engine oil leak- On 15th December the car displayed the msg "Engline oil presssure low please turn off" and then i saw that the oil had leaked. Had to get the car towed till Dhingra Motors Gurgaon. FIAT road support is good...the towing truck reached me in 40 mins. I was told that the oil filter was loose and oil leaked from there...
    4) On 24th December the same issue surfaced again and now they are saying that the entire engine oil housing would have to change as the current componenet has become loose.
    5) From day one there is a sound that i hear from the left side seat belts..
    6) Left side head light had dirt and smudge marks from inside the casing- Fiat replaced the entire front light casing.
    7) My car is still at the service center since past 2 days.
    8) The speakers are fo very poor quality. The sound carcks even with volume at 16-17.
    9) So far my car has spent 6 days at the workshop in 2 and half months of ownership.
    10) TATA service center people look at linea as if they are looking at an alien ship and trying to figure out various components

I love the way this car drives and handles but a new car should not face such issues so often. I have been assured by FIAT that after this i wouldnt have to bring the car again due to such issues so i will give it a last try. If it continues to trouble me then i will put it up for sale as right now i might get most of my investment back but after a year or so i am set to loose much more.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Give the FIAT some space to breathe, all of us just pouring the complaints on it,
    I just love the drive of it and feels likes driving the saloon car,

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Mine is Dec '09, Never faced any issues except once the Left Side Door Handle was not locking from inside, which was solved by Fortune...
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Sorry to hear your plight. You should look at a good service center. Try speaking with Mr OP Sharma and leave your car at his service centre. Dhingra Motors is the last place you should leave your car at. I had a bad sales experience at Dhingra and lost 10000 for no fault of mine. Some other members have been at the receiving end while dealing with Dhingra Motors during their servicing (varoon9999 has a thread on the same)