1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

JBL or soundstream

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by varin11, Dec 16, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

please advise JBL 60w RMS co-xial or soundstream 60W RMS Co-axial for my Linea. which would sound better in the car .without amplifier installed.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

jbl sound harsh but crisp and clear. no exp of soundstream. i would suggest you go for components instead of co-axials
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Varin11

I will also recommend that you go in for compo speakers in place of co-axials. The difference is sound quality is marked.

Different speakers brands produce sound that is quite specific to the brand. In the selection of brands, the only thing that matters is how it sounds to your ears. So, if you can, audition the two brands with your choice of music, and let your ears be the final judge.

I too have not auditioned Soundstream. JBLs require an amp to bring out their full potential.

4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Varin11, Components is highly recommended, I have fitted Compos in front and co-axial at rear. The difference is really felt when I sit in the rear seat and front seat, compos are much much better. I would suggest you to audition Hertz ESK165 too, I was advised that these speakers are designed to give max output without amp, and yes they are better than JBL. Jiji, one of the TFI member, recently changed to Hertz from JBL after hearing mine. I don't know about Soundstream.