1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jay Vijay Fiat_New FASS in Pune_Near PMC

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by Dhruv_Sappers, Dec 23, 2014.

1. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @asimpleson
    Yesterday I was at Future Cars, Nasik. They now have abarths for sale. They are also Tata dealers in Thane. The service manager said, they had sent Abarths to Thane for few days, since there were inquiries. Only 6 test drives, and none of them materialized.
    He said the vehicles can't go beyond Thane.
    Owners might worry about after sales for a 11 lakh car with no dealer.
    asimpleson likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson

There'll be a JEEP+Fiat combined-fca one soon enough, in Mumbai, as well as Pune?

What expectations? I think they WILL close down FIAT new sales operations in say 2018/2019, more less formally and countrywide. The bigger cities will have at least 1 Fiat aftersales centre each, either independent or combined-with-JEEP-dealers'.

To my mind the only question is: will they retain a 'token' presence for Fiat-branded vehicles and/or Abarths at the combined-FCA/JEEP-centric dealerships? via maybe a ckd or likelier a cbu or two?

Marchionne, as a general philosophy, absolutely detests commoditised cars in commoditised segments and markets. EVERYTHING they've been doing, across all brands, and across the world, is to avoid this. High-usp, characterful, brand-dna-'authentic' cars....or none.

The indian market's unfit for FIAT-under-this-philosophy, and vice versa of course.

The Emerging Markets play that some firms have so desperately been making (esp renault-nissan since dacia and the logan, as well as Ford with the ecosport and Figo/Aspire), all in the effort to repeat what GM and VW managed back in the 90's in China,

that logic does NOT apply to FCA at all, since FCA is not Fiat group anymore. FCA has huge, open, 'white space' potential-being-well-realized-currently in segments that might be near-saturated and loss-making and/or impossible for other firms, but NOT for fca, not least in china, japan, and asia-pacific (Jeep, Maserati, AlfaRomeo, soon: Chrysler phev, not 'Fiat'.)

They're dialling-back massively on FIAT in China as well, in favour of these brands, instead. The Viaggio and Ottimo will be gone from that market quite shortly: why bother, when Jeeps and Maserati-s are selling so well, instead? With Alfa and Chrysler still to come there, in 2017, and 2018 respectively.

Also: there are other ways to 'skin the cat' (technology supply etc). And besides, there will assuredly be another deal, a merger or at least a massive 'strategic tie-up' globally between fca and some other firm that can do the 'large volume-low-margin commoditised cars in tough market' thing much better, especially in asia/india/asean. By 2019 or so, given that Marchionne retires then. Meanwhile, FIAT and JEEP are doing very well in Brazil+LatAm, lots of more-premium and characterful all-new models too, even as that whole region's in a slowdown/recession.

Besides, India gets affordable, pretty-mass-market FIAT-based models under the JEEP brand (the c-suv and the smaller renegade-like b-suv too), and in any case the biggest 20-30 cities get the Jeep-ified dealerships (new or previous Fiat ones) and supplemented by third-party aftersales centres for both older-Fiats and Jeeps in other places? And then add Alfa or Chrysler to some/all of them, perhaps ckd (post-2019)?

Leave the donkey and risky work in this market to tata (and there is maruti, engines and amt-s), via whom you do not do poorly at all in any case. Let everyone else continue to lose money in india in epic amounts (chevy, vw-skoda, renault-nissan, ford, toyota, honda, tata motors.)

Just what they ought to do. And just what they are doing, imo. We'll see by the end-of 2017/by 2018, once the Jeep dealership openings play out and the 2017 c-suv/Compass as well as the b-suv arrive. If the latter too fails, well then in any case: there are always exports and revenues via tata's new-suv-s from ranjangaon.
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sir by expectations I mean our basic needs are to keep the existing need and improvise on the current powertrains especially given that electric still is far away atleast in India. We cannot think that existing customer base can do well with shut down dealerships or FASS can we? Jeep Jeep and more Jeep means nothing to this forum, the purpose of which was and is Fiat owner's interaction and sharing finding solutions towards common issues and cherishing what ever the cars have to offer, with healthy dose of bashing as it turned out.

I don't compare it with Maruti or Hyundai or even Ford. But if Skoda or VW can sell albeit with the issues you mentioned and they can 'afford' to keep fighting with the back to the wall, so can Fiat. And they should. Yes I agree the market may not be ripe ever for accepting the likes of Bravo or Panda etc. But with significant localisation cheaper product lineups could be had which you have argued isn't the right way to go for Fiat. Yes..!
    Then why not try phased out Bravo or Ottimo; infact get those power press dies here since engine upgrade will be offered either ways as OEM partnership to Maruti, Tata etc. Its not like the whole tooling needs to be remade for outgoing models in certain countries. UNO and Bravo or the likes, maybe even Panda could do well IF sales and service for once could be handled with assurances. And CKD won't work sir! Beg to differ. Didn't work for 500 too.

@prabhjot

Maybe WIIFM is important here. FCA will of course do what they want. On a side note Marchionne does seem to be mega focused with his hands full in American workers unions and jobs politics still.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. nirupan

nirupan Novizio

Pune
    Oh no, now there is no Service in Pune Area. Sky Moto is out of question due to Pathetic Service. Please suggest Private Garage near Sinhagad Road area if anyone knows.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Go to Sharad Wagh at Bibwewadi and Bhargav Motors at Bavdhan.

Sharad +919763651509
    Anil 9763555166

Sent from my Che1-L04 using Tapatalk
    mchanna, ViPr, Vikrant Joshi and 3 others like this.
  6. nirupan

nirupan Novizio

Pune
    Thanks Kedar
    It seems worth to go above options instead of Sky Moto.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
  7. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    I have given my car for clutch plate replacement and servicing, no expectations
    A place like Pune has only 1 service centre, pathetic of Fiat.
  8. nirupan

nirupan Novizio

Pune
    Yes Vikrant you are right.
    No fiat in future.
    My Car has already completed 5 years so will definitely go for Maruti or Hyundai next year.

9. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    It seems that the Jay Vijay crew of technicians and supervisor has joined Sky Motto.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. nirupan

nirupan Novizio

Pune
    How is Sky Moto now. Is there improvement ?