1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jay Vijay Fiat_New FASS in Pune_Near PMC

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by Dhruv_Sappers, Dec 23, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Billing is generally slow most places. Unless you are picking up vehicle and bill is prepared in advance. The online parts database system and inhouse mechanisms are responsible.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Fiat's DMS (data management system) is an useless piece of software. Half of the time the software cannot establish link to Fiat's main system at their factory. Due to this the warranty billing sees unprecedented wastage of time due to application hanging. We are in IE11 version and Fiat still is using the same old version of the software.
    Navneet likes this.
  3. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    My Punto MJD (2010) gearshift was bit hard so I gave my car to JayVijay.

Initially I was told that clutch needs to be replaced, but then they said will check and inform. They replaced the gear cables and said clutch is fine but its better to replace the clutch at 60,000kms servicing (my odo is 53,000 kms).

After the cable change the gear shift is butter smooth like new. There are no other problem while engaging gears or anyother noise while engaging/changing gears.

But since JV has recommended to change clutch I'm bit confused what to do. I also dont want to be in a situation where I'm stranded on the road due to any clutch issue.

Is it ok to skip the clutch change?
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    On an average 60-70k is the clutch life. Change it the next time you again start feeling that clutch is a bit hard.
  5. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I got the clutch kit changed. I was told that the link rod (some C mount) also needs to be changed, so changed that as well.

After the gear cables and clutch kit replacement, the gear shift and clutch is effortless and butter smooth.
  6. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Recently I relocated to Pune from Bangalore. After reading all of reviews regarding, initially I was sceptical about JV SC. But having left with no other choice, I booked an service appointment with them. Yesterday, I got the vehicle serviced @50K Odo. Overall, it wasn't that bad experience as reported in this thread. May be they are improving now. I was attended quickly by SA on my arrival. Also he delivered the vehicle on promised time. I reported a issue with Wind-shield washer jets. At the time of delivery when I wasn't satisfied with the repair, it was immediately attended by a technician who resolved it in front of me as per my expectation. All this while SA was monitoring it. Whole vehicle body was cleaned again after this washer testing.
    Since our 1.3 requires 3.2lt approx of engine oil, they returned me remaining oil from the last 1 Lt selenia bottle. But to my surprise they charged me only for 3.2 lt instead of 4 Lt. Along with that they also returned me the windshield washer fluid half empty(Fiat branded). This was cheaper than (Rs70 for 250ml bottle)what I used to purchased from the market.

My car was serviced regularly at KHT bangalore earlier for the last 3 years. I can easily compare the courtesy shown by JV guys including technicians/labourers. Thumbsup for that :) They do have space issue though. That's why I saw that they were only 10-15 appointments accepted for the day.
    They did oil topup for break,clutch and transmission. I could notice the driving smoothness in the morning.
  7. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Yes, my experience at Jay Vijay has been also good. Its good to see that their customer service experience is increasing. The location is also convenient.

However, their billing department is pathetic and takes anywhere between 30-45 mins or more.

Just one caution - I faced this experience and also heard the same advisor (I think it was Chinatamani something) telling to some one on phone.
    While giving the car for servicing I told the advisor the things that need to be looked at and take action. From his side he told me that the windscreen has some white spots and he can do a rebuffing of the glass. This will take around Rs 2500 and will also improve night visibility as the light refraction will be reduced.
    Obviously I didnt do it. I cleaned the glass with some kerosene and the white spots were removed. I also overheard the same advisor giving same piece of advice to someone on phone.
    I don't know if this is required or not but I felt this that this is something advisor is pushing on to customers.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Tornado likes this.
  8. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    The Jay Vijay service Center as well as the Showroom will soon close its operations, maybe September or October'16. Looks like we have to live with Sky Motto.
  9. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Dhruv_Sappers Thats sad news :(. I can believe on this news now. Because I visited Jay-Vijay on last weekend to replace glow plugs. First they rejected the repair since I didnt have an appointment. But then some one pointed out that they dont have glow plugs in the inventory And the SA told me that they are not getting spares since a long time due to Transportation issues. Transportation issues from Ranjangaon to Pune city???? :confused::confused:
  10. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    This is really sad.
    Last year we heard that Pandit was shutting shop mostly due to the launch of JayVijay in close proximity. We lost Pandit, and now we are losing JayVijay either.

Sky moto is technically not in Pune and is too far away from the main city.