1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jay Vijay Fiat_New FASS in Pune_Near PMC

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by Dhruv_Sappers, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Shiv Rathod

Shiv Rathod Timido

Pune
    Linea Classic
    Hello friends , I have visited sky fiat service station yesterday it's really getting worst . So many cars and only one service center ?? They are not replying if you ask something ....and they don't have space and ramps for cars , I mean what men power will dooo. I don't understand now where to service my car.
  2. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    It Seems sky Moto might open a new service centre at Bavdhan( Near Mahindra Auto). Pandit Auto was the best. Difficult to stick on with Fiat in such situations, dont know how long even Sky Moto will survive.
  3. Jayv

Jayv Timido

Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Got my second service done two months back, I haven't faced any issues with the servicing my avventura with Sky so far.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
  4. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @kedarbendre
    How is Sharad's expertise for Punto. I am getting Glow plug warning. Will he be able do this replacement? I can source plugs from 99rpm? I went to JV earlier but they gave me Excuse that part is not available.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ViPr I have got good experience till now.

Dropped one of my friends in last back for timing chain replacement, GC upgrade and few other minor works.

Will get it tomorrow afternoon. So far so now all is well.

He will work on glow plugs of your car. Talk to him before ordering plugs from 99rpm.

Sent from my Che1-L04 using Tapatalk
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Kedar, I just visited his garage couple of hours back for my old Palio. I saw the Punto you mentioned. Sharad mentioned you during our discussion.
    Let me call him to check whether he can replace the Glow plugs on my Punto. Thanks for the info.
    I am also planning to restore my Palio the way you did. Can you suggest any good paint shop near Pashan? Hows Bhargav you have mentioned earlier for paint job of Palio?
    kedarbendre likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Call Sushil on 8149851170. He is the one who painted my Palio S10. I would recommend him and he is based at Pimple Saudagar.

mchanna and ViPr like this.
  8. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @kedarbendre, I spoke to Sharad for GlowPlug replacement. He said he will do it and asked me to order it from 99rpm. Waiting for parts delivery now. By the way, how was timing chain replacement done by him on your Punto? Any issue?
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Got the car yesterday evening and timing chain work was flawless. Drove to office today morning and all is well.

Will going to him next weekend for link road and gear box mounting replacement.

10. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @kedarbendre for sharing Sharad's contact details and offcouse it was a pleasure to meet you there :)

Finally some piece of mind for both of my Fiat cars in terms of addressing technical issues. Over the weekend, I did took my cars to him. And I am very much happy with the work he has done.

Punto 90HP: I wanted to get Glow Plugs replaced since couple of months. JV advised me to let to run and they will replace it during the 60K service which was getting closer. Unfortunately the JV SC got closed before that. When I spoke to Sharad for Plugs replacements over the call, he simply advised me to first get the parts from 99rpm before getting the car to his garage, because he didnt believe in aftermarket or compatible spares which are available in the market which can ruin his work and reputation. I took my Punto on saturday, he asked one of his labour to open the multijet engine cover and warned him not to touch the plugs or anything over there until he comes back. He then explained me the reason behind it i.e. the criticality of these plugs and the consequences of bad handling. The plugs were held tightly in place, so he first lubricated the joints, and carefully removed all of the 3 plugs.(I had already replaced 1 plug couple of months back). Thankfully none of the plugs was broken and job was completed successfully.

Palio 1.2: This is my first car which 10yr old now. since couple of years, it was with my brother in Mumbai since I had Punto with me. But due to ignorance/lack of attention, it started developing various issues (thanks to humid climate). Finally I drove the car to Pune for complete overhaul. I have kept Sharad informed about this car and its condition, so I had all the spared ready with me. On Sunday, he started working on this car at about 3pm along with his 2 other mechanics. within 3-4 hours major engine work was completed to my satisfaction.
    1. Replacement of Silencer muffler. Only this particular item I sourced it from local market as 99rpm was costing me 16K and Sharad got it for 4K. It is working as expected, Palio has once again started flying silently now. This job took a little longer because of rusted broken parts of old silencer.
    2. Replacement of Timing Belt, alternator belt, AC belt and powersteering belt.
    3. Drain all the old fluids and filling in the fresh ones i.e. Engine oil, break oil, powersteering fluid and Gear oil.
    4. Replace Air,Oil and Fuel filters.
    5. I wanted to get radiator and coolant system flushed out. He first tried flushing piping system with water pressure before second round of Bardahl Radiator Fast Flushing. But he noticed that the fluide rotation is not proper, so he will take up flush job in my next visit. So no coolant at change this point of time.
    6. Car had intermittant starting issues, after some electrical tests he noticed that rpm sensor is the culprit. He tried with a new spare in his stock and starting problem was resolved.
    7. Thorough diesel wash of engine area for degreasing so that he carry perform sparkplug replacement in clean engine bay.
    8. Electric systems checkup, replaced rear parking light bulb, hornset and fixed all other minors issues as reported.

After this, result was immediately noticable. Car performance improved a lot and low noise and vibrations.

I will visit his garage on coming weekend also to complete the other remainings tasks like, break pads/shoes replacement, break disk runing which include marking thin cuts on a machine, rubber pad replacements in front shocks and sparkplugs and coolant flush.

In my personal opion, he looked like a person who was born n brought up Fiat cars :D. The ease with which he handled on Linea MJD there where he dismantled Clutch/Gear assembly and putting everything back quickly after repair convinced me a lot.
    gpunto75, Ravi_M and kedarbendre like this.