1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jay Vijay FIAT: Pune

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by kookaburra, Nov 6, 2014.

1. amiablefiend

amiablefiend Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea Classic
    Well I finally decided to go for my second service and body part work at Jay Vijay motors!
    I went with them against advise of some of my close ones (read my brother) for following reasons:

1. My exp at Sky moto during first service. They took about 8 hours just to do first service which by all standards (My car was just standing in the bay with me patiently waiting in the lounge for atleast 4 hours even though I was the first customer on the day. They had no spares, not just me other owners complained of it too. The work thou was pretty satisfactory must say)
    2. Proximity of Jay Vijay (which now i think is their only USP)
    3. Hoping since they are new with Fiat they would do good job for gaining and retaining customers

But the experience with Jay Vijay was even worse than that at Sky Moto (Disclaimer: I have not had body part work at sky moto, just first service)
    A one week promise of delivery kept getting extended each day by another day for more than a week on some flimsy pretext or other. It was more than two weeks before I could drive home in the safety of my car. And I even then I got my car only after my patience caved in and went down to take my car in whatever state it was, repaired or not.
    While taking in the car for service they promise prompt communication (not just to me but to everyone) of status and updates. Which is actually non existent. It was I who had to follow up each and every time. That too there were times when the concerned contact would either cut your call or not pick it up at all.
    They are either grossly understaffed, untrained, over committing or simply not bothered.

Finally the crux of it all the body work. Inspite of making big promises of being in business for long and having extremly cordial relationship with insurance companies and knowing how it works well and all, they couldn't even get approval for half the work my car had come for. Twice I was informed by Jay Vijay that all the work I have requested for has been cleared and then when I go to get the delivery half of it not done. Reason: No approval.
    Agree its not in their hand but then why make huge promises that you cant keep. I did see clear signs of negligence and ignorance. There was a huge gap in what I was told when I came in to give my car for repair and what I am being told when I came to take the delivery.
    As if this wasnt enough there was a cut extra on the bonet of my car which I clearly remember wasnt there when I gave my car.

However to their credit atleast the part of work they did was pretty good. The car was handed over clean very clean and polished., much cleaner than what sky moto had handed me over. They did provide me some compensation on the service as they say which I can not validate. They said that they have not charged me any labour charges but I thought free service meant no labour charges.
    My twitter was though displaced from its joint during the service and no one bothered to fix its place.

Its high time Fiat starts making good service and timeliness its hall mark rather just amazing car with sad after sales services!
    Revv, prabhjot, me_at_fiat and 3 others like this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I visited Jay Vijay, twice once for free replacement of spare wheel gate lock. Which they did with in two hours.
    And then for 1st servicing, dropped the car at 11 am without prior appointment, and got delivery at 6 pm.
    They are courteous people.
    Yes, there location is biggest USP, because reaching there and later on going anywhere in Pune is very easy using any other transport is damn easy.
    ff2f380a865cbd389d77f71680889607.jpg
    I also purchased a FIAT vallet there,@Rs650
    It took half an hour for them to bill it 261ffbfca296b6ab1d7fc81118b1e260.jpg .
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Prateek sharma

Prateek sharma Timido

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    1 month back i visited jay vijay for the servicing of my palio stile 1.6, worst experience it was and i was cursing myself for visiting this service station, it is a very small service station and treat palio as if it not of fiat, no parts availability for palio and their staff is also very arrogant, reached the jay vijay at 10 in the morning for normal servicing and got my car at 6:30 in the evening just for the servicing and it was thursday, just thought how much time will they take if i would have visited them at weekend. Next day when i tried to start my car, there was a problem with the starter motor and i had to jump start my car it took me 1 day to figure out wheather it was the problem of my battery or the starter motor, again visited jay vijay and they had their as usual answer "its an electronic part ", and as expected they did'nt had the motor in their inventory and their service manager told me that it would take around 10-15 days to get the part costing around 12k and i have to deposit half of the amount before ordering the part, i was like what, am i really standing in the auth fiat service station, never faced this kind of problem in delhi in any of fiat service station, so then 99rpm.com came to the rescue, i order the motor for 10k and got the delivery next day, i am really impressed with the way 99rpm handle the customer needs. Next day i reached the jay vijay and the guys were shocked how one can deliver the orignal part in just one day, i just told them to fix my problem and got my car back and would never visit jay vijay again.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Jay Vijay is newly opened, so possibility of availability of spare parts of a discontinued car is less.
    But mine is Avventura, the seat height adjustment mechanism needs to be replaced, and warranty claim has been approved by Fiat. But it is almost a month, Jay Vijay has ordered the spare parts, it is not yet arrived.
  5. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    oh God !, this is not turning out to be good; with news out that Pandit Fiat Service will soon be shutting shop, we're at the mercy of two low-reputation service centers. What's happening with FIAT? Is there any way we can put pressure on FIAT to make them realize their mistake?
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Now I am not bothered to visit FASS hence forward.

My Punto 90HP is now out of warrenty and dare I take my S10 to Jay Vijay for any kind of repairs.

I would ask mechanics from Pandit to visit my place to service my cars or I will visit private garage to service, but I will never ever go to Jay Vijay.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I don't understand why members here are calling Jay Vijay FASS as a low reputation or bad FASS?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2015 ---
    Recently I have got my 15 kkm servicing done at JV, I have rated them excellent (10/10) everywhere on the feedback from.
    And gave 5 /10 for resolving all the issues. One issue was not resolved & it was FCA who was responsible and not JV, as order for spares was placed 15 days back by JV, FCA didn't made it available!
    Those who own old gen Linea, Punto, palio, sienna, UNO need to understand the FASS would keep their all spares in stock unless you start going there?, the newly opened FASS!
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado did you get your seat height adjuster lever from them ?
    they have very bad historical baggage of loots and what not.
    they will take months to source the spare parts, while 99rpm delivers within 3-4 days.
    such an irony that dealer does not gets parts but a third party like 99rpm can get.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Dada, that's FCA mistake, JV ppl shown me the order sent long back by them for height adjustment mechanism, if FCA doesn't respond, how can we blame JV?
    It is obvious that any dealer when receives cars in bulk for ASS, he will order the spares in bulk.

If 99rpm receives spares in time, whose mistake it is? FCA or dealer ?
    Agreed, if JV wants to retain & increase the business they need setup a bigger premises. Now a days, it is not very difficult to do it, especially on the west of Pune NH4 bypass, as there are lot of open plots available there. JV needs to pull up their socs.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with you that the mistake is by FCA. in the other thread about pandit shutdown there also i am saying that FCA is/was the dumbest management and always does wrong moves.