1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jaw Dropping Italian Beauty Comes Home

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by sPangasa, Jun 8, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the update and good to know.
    Well I too felt the same that the driveability has improved, unfortunately from the past 4 weeks work has been keeping me away from home and the car so I too will provide more inputs as soon as I clock more kms post my return.
    I have been reading similar posts from other members and everyone has definitely admitted that the driveability has seen some improvement which is good to read.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    prabhjot and sPangasa like this.
  2. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM Yes, I just drove some 15 kms yesterday and felt the difference. Today I will be driving for another 100km or so and will get a better idea on the performance improvements/changes because of the upgrade.
    Hope you get to clock a lot of kms soon :)
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Glad to hear this.In my case I completed 10000km after oil pump change and the message didnt appear.Looks like the qc control with fiat is not up to the mark, these kind of errors are occuring in new cars!
    sPangasa and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @anoopktla

I believe we can say that only if we are statistical about it: i.e., problems on new cars (genuine and not subjective) as a percentage of total cars sold. Also, we must distinguish 'QA' problems from things like ECU map caliberation, and Goodyegar nct5 tyres etc.

I bought a first batch new Linea t-jet in 2014: no issues whatsoever. A year or slightly more before that, the family bought a Red Punto mjd 75 hp....no issues with that either, other than a slight rattle around the rear seat.

The point being that the statistical incidence of QA 'issues' is not high at all, and is in any case unknown and unclear. The vastly vastly disproportionate number of Fiat owners active on internet fora tends to convey a deeply misleading picture, IMO, and has been for many years now, already.

Which is one reason the brand's finding it tough to overcome the legacy-inertia from the past.

The incidence of quality and reliability issues on new Honda-s, Maruti-s, Fords and Hyundai-s over the last few new launches from these firms is, conversely, quite high, or at any rate far higher than either the common widespread perception, or, my sense at least is: higher than with recent Fiats, which have only small issues, if at all, with excellent warranty support from Fiat's end. Something a number of these firms are deeply deficient at, esp Honda, VW and Hyundai.

Having said that the issue with the Avventura tail-gate lock on first batch cars in November 2014 was a bad QA/design error that may've been damaging to initial take-off/off-take of its sales.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    As mentioned by prabhjot, the quality/reliability has come down overall and not specific to Fiat. Even my friend had to change fuel pump in his Ciaz inside 10K Kms. But at least it looks like Fiat QA has improved a lot in the facel-ifted version.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  6. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    An update on the mileage after the ECU upgrade. I have drive close to 250 Kms after the upgrade. While going to office, which is 45Kms from my place, i used to get a mileage of 15.5 max. Otherwise it would stay between 14.5 to 15. After the upgrade i have been getting 16+.

Also, the car feels a lot smoother. So i think it is worth getting the update. Please see pics below.

hyKYaNs.jpg

d9kSEAv.jpg
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    That's nice, this is the 3rd confirmation I have on the improved FE from the owners who got the ECU updated. I personally did not get to check the FE post the update as car continues to rest due to my travel outside Hyderabad. Hopefully I will get to warm up those wheels next week.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    prabhjot and sPangasa like this.