1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jaw Dropping Italian Beauty Comes Home

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by sPangasa, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to know that Kashyap Guys are keeping the professionalism and making customer happy about the same
    sPangasa likes this.
  2. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, where do we put the windscreen washer fluid in linea? Is it on the right side and if so is it translucent/transparent with markers?
  3. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    This happened today: I was coming back from office and was waiting at a long signal. Looked to my left and there was a gentleman enjoying songs in his desire. I looked at the light and there were still plenty of seconds left before it would turn green. Again looked to my left and saw the same gentleman trying to look inside my car. He waved to me and I rolled down the window. He said "hi" and enquired about the dashboard ambient light. I told him its just an ambient light and he asked me how I installed it. Told him it comes stock. He couldn't believe. I could clearly see admiration over his face and pride on mine :) Signal turned green and we went our ways. Pretty sure he must have been thinking about it throughout his drive. And I had a lasting smile on my face till I reached home.
    Sujit508, pabhishek, varunrtr and 4 others like this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Mate I am sure that this is a regular affair now . The car does put a smile every time you drive and it connects so well with the driver that you sometimes just want to sit inside the beauty and admire it, it does happen with me - call me crazy .

Cheers,
    pradeep
    pabhishek, sPangasa and Rama like this.
  5. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM You are absolutely right :) Like recently a honda city drove past me on an empty road (Barapullah for those who are in NCR). I din't like the maneuver he did as he could have easily hit me if i had not hit the brakes. This pissed me off. I was in 5th gear at around 2000RPM i think. I pushed the pedal and soon we were neck to neck (I don't recommend this but this was a one off incident :p. Always drive safe). Then came the fun part. We were approaching a curve, and as soon as we were at it, he had to push his brakes hard. Maybe he felt nervous taking a curve at that speed while I sped past him without having to remove my foot from the pedal. Soon he disappeared in the ivrm. Gave me an immense satisfaction instantly. There are many others like this...
    PradeepM, prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  6. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, need a suggestion. How would black alloys look on Minimal grey :) I am getting inclined to get them.

Also, where in NCR (probably Noida, east delhi) can one get them painted to black.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sPangasa likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @sPangasa - It will look smashing! Generally contrasting color looks great, and this silver/black combo wont be any different :)
    sPangasa likes this.
  9. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @varunrtr and @pabhishek.

Varun, thanks for the thread links.. Yup gun metal would look better. Let me check with the folks who have done it to get some reliable contacts in NCR.

Also, do we have fiat genuine accessory for the door scratch protectors or whatever they are called? I have mostly seen I-POP ones on most of the cars like these.
  10. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    The insufficient engine oil pressure warning has not come up after Kashyap replaced the oil pump (touchwood). So it is safe to assume that the culprit was the oil pump in my case. I got to know a couple of more folks who have been getting this warning intermittently. If so, get it checked at the earliest.

Also, got my first service/check-up done today at Kashyap's. Got the tires rotated and alignment check done. Did not go for an engine oil replacement. Also, no engine oil top-up was required as the level was till maximum.

Got the ECU upgraded as well. I notice that the car pulls slightly better in lower gears. Also, there were shudders when I used to switch from 2nd to 3rd gear unless the RPM was about 2400+. That seems to have been resolved with the upgrade. Now the gears shifts between 2 and 3 are a lot smoother.

I will drive for some time and update on the mileage after a tank full just to see if the ECU has made any difference to it.
    PradeepM, prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.