1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jaw Dropping Italian Beauty Comes Home

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by sPangasa, Jun 8, 2015.

1. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @anoopktla thanks for taking out time and providing all the information. Good to have you guys here who are willing to help each other keep their fiats in great condition.

Today I went to Oberoi fiat to get the issue checked, they just checked the engine oil level and said that I will need to leave the car for at least two days for them to check it. I told them if they can connect the examiner to the ECU and see if they can get some hints from it as well. I was not sure if it would help but still wanted them to try so that i also get an idea about them. First they were reluctant to use and told upfront that it will not show anything and we will need to check first by replacing the oil and then filter and then see if it happens again. Upon insisting they got the examiner (the ecu scanner) and had trouble in figuring out how it needs to be connected after opening the panel which has the buttons for fog lights etc. I did not feel comfortable at all with the way it was being done.. they were not able to plug it into the port and were just doing hit and trial. Finally got it connected and ran some tests after a while just to show there were no errors. After this I told them I will bring back the car tomorrow or later as I have some work today. I was not comfortable leaving the car with them after seeing the way they connected the scanner and all. Then, the disconnected the scanner and closed the panel. I drove back to home. I am just a Km and half from them. Once back I thought of checking the buttons on the panel and to my surprise none of it worked. The fog lights, beam adjuster, menu, +/- etc. Took the car back and they opened it just to see that they had disconnected the wire and did not plug it back after disconnecting the scanner. So i am not having too much confidence on them.

Planning to take the car tomorrow to Kashyap Noida Ph2.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @sPangasa

Oberoi has for quite a while now had some disrepute, whatever its (financial? HR?) roots. Kashyap and DRS Faridabad+Gurgaon are good, insofar as fair generalizations can be made on ASS quality.

cheers
  3. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    I was there when they connected OBD scanner (Panasonic tough book) to my car.They did it comfortably.And said there is no error logged.I was having an assumption that ,any such errors shown in the MID will be logged.I even got my ELM327 connected on my trip to Pondicherry, however,torque/alfa obd scan didn't show any errors.But I got the MID message 3 times during the trip.
    I was willing to change oil/filter of my own when the car crossed 7000 km, but they said that wont help.
    Then they replaced oil pressure switch.I didn't get any bill for that, still the error was shown in the MID, next time they took 2 days to check the wiring harness, didn't get any bill for it, and the last time oil pump was changed.MID error message was shown all the time till oil pump change.It didn't appear so far.It too almost one month to fix this.
  4. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot yes they dont seem to be much managed. But it would be worth mentioning that the workshop head Mr. Gulab and one of the engineer Ishendra were very patient and humble and listened to me and answered a lot of questions to the best of their knowledge as well. Ishendra also laid out the plan on what and how they are going to take care of the issue if I leave the car with them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2015 ---
    @anoopktla Glad it has been fixed for you.

So I took the car to Kashyap's at Noida. They have a huge workshop. There were many cars lines up for servicing. The service person checked my car for regular oil levels/quality etc. Also, checked with the OBD scanner and couldn't find any issues. Took a TD with me to see how the car drives. Everything seemed fine. I was being told that every error gets logged and will pop-up on the OBD scanner, since it did not come on the scanner, it is safe to assume that there is no issue. If this is the case, either the messages are not getting logged, or the messages are not actually coming up but just showing up and there is a miss somewhere, is what i told him and he got confused himself. I pushed him to check with Fiat on the issue and that's what they are going to do and update me on the same. Also, I haven't got that warning since the last time I saw it. Let's see, if i get it again, i am going to get them to change the components that anoop has mentioned.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2015 ---
    On a side note, while going back from office, the air pressure in the right front tire seemed low. While going back, got it checked and there was a puncture. A big screw did what it does best; Screw :| The guy had to put in two rubber strips to cover up the puncture.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Experts,please comment on this.Something is triggering an error message,so something might have gone wrong.At the same time its not logged in the system.Is it how this is designed? In my case I saw the message "in suff engine oil pressure turn off engine" with a long beep at least 10 times in two months.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @sPangasa, ishendra is the only knowledgeable engineer at Oberoi Fiat.
  7. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @anoopktla You used to see the message when the car is cold started or it used to come up even while driving?
  8. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @sPangasa , during the second cold start. i.e. when i start the car to go out for lunch or in the evening.That too in random.
  9. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry for not being able to update for some time.

So, this Friday I took the car to Kashyap Fiat in Noida. I had been in talks with both Mr. Jeevan and Mr. Lalit regarding the issue and had sent them the video of the error message since it was not cropping up the last time i took the car to them. Both Jeevan and Lalit were very professional in the way they talked and approached the issue. Special kudos to Mr. Jeevan for being available to respond to any of my queries, escalating the issue to Fiat and keeping me update with every single information.

They had escalated the issue to Fiat for their recommendation and even arranged a visit by their technicians. Fiat recommended to replace the oil pump which was done promptly by Kashyap and that too in the presence of technician from Fiat. Gave the car on Friday morning and got her back Sunday evening. They also washed the car in and out. Even took a good long test drive with Jeevan and talked at length about Fiat and other cars. He seems to be having really good knowledge about fiat cars and is very approachable person.

I am still monitoring my car on every start. Till now the warning hasn't come up and I hope it never comes. I will monitor her for at least a month before being sure. Will update accordingly.

Overall I am very happy with how the car was taken care of at Kashyaps Noida. They dint have the replacement car though due to which i had to give them the car on Friday instead of Wednesday which was initially planned.
    pabhishek and Saji Babu like this.
  10. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Today got a call from Jeevan in the morning. He inquired if the issue is resolved or if it has cropped up again and if the car is running fine. Really impressed by the professionalism that this guy has shown.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.