1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jaw Dropping Italian Beauty Comes Home

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by sPangasa, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats on the new car, happy miles with more smiles
    Minimal Grey is the best colour for Linea, low maintainance, is an exclusive colour and also one of my favourite
    sPangasa likes this.
  2. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @Nadeem Ahmed VR 46
    Thanks. Even though it was not my first choice but now I think it looks best on Linea :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 11, 2015 ---
    Today, I again saw the Insufficient Engine Oil Pressure morning while starting the car in morning. I turned the key to MAR position waited for all the indicators to go and then started the engine. It started and after 2 3 second got the warning. Turned off engine and turned it on again and the warning did not come up again.

Checked the engine oil level and it was till max almost. Not sure what is causing the issue. I am thinking of taking her to the service center for a checkup. What do you guys suggest?
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @sPangasa - Hearty congratulations on the acquisition and welcome to the team :)
    She looks drop dead gorgeous in that color, drool worthy stuff; I am sure she must be making many heads turn on the road!

Take good care of her and she will never disappoint you.

Here's wishing you many happy miles with her.

Drive safe, and keep the thread alive with updates and lots of pictures!
    sPangasa likes this.
  4. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Saw a magnesio grey tjet about 30 mins back on NH24.. It looked gorgeous like all lineas. Brought a smile on my face. By any chance it was your beauty?
  5. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    For me, the message was appearing in MID from the first week itself,randomly.Had to visit service center 3/4 times to check this.At first they didnt believe my words.With an OBD scan they said everything is okay.I got annoyed with the message , that too in a new car.Later they changed some switch i was told, Again it appeared on a regular basis.
    In my car, i was having a pattern in getting this message.It appears on the second cold start in the day.i.e. when i start the car, the second time, in noon or evening.This however was in random.They asked me to take a picture of the same, but i couldn't due to the messy windows phone.Next time they checked wiring harness for the issue, And I was living with it, then i got a call from them , to replace the oil pump.This happened because I was sending emails to many people @ fiat as well as the dealer.After the oil pump replacement , it didn't appear yet in the last two weeks! So looks like it fixed the issue.My car covered 8000kms and some damage might have happened due to this :( . If you want to know exactly what the did to my car, please get in touch with their service manager, i am not in good terms with them , due to my buying experience & niggles,I can PM the number if needed.Also I was facing a missing issue, mentioned by others in this forum (2-3 gears, 1500-1800RPM).It also got fixed with the last service.I didnt ask what they did, but the car is doing well.Going to Leh in 2 weeks time , Hoping the car wont give any niggles, fingers crossed.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @anoopktla, it would be nice if update what diagnostics were done and what all they repaired/replaced. It would be beneficial for all and that's how we can contribute to the forum which has helped/helps us all. Give it back buddy.
    anoopktla likes this.
  7. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @GirishRaghu
    Thanks a lot. Yes, she looks beautiful and makes heads turn. :) and that's a beautiful feeling. I bought her to keep with me for a long long time so yes i am going to take very good care of her.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2015 ---
    @anoopktla
    Thanks anoop for the detailed post on your experience with the same issue. And sorry to read about all the problems that you had to face. Glad to know that it has been fixed. Wishing you loads of luck for your trip to Leh. I hope your linea performs her best. Please share your experience once back. I wish to make a similar trip sometime in future.

Will pm you in case i need more information. thanks.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    No, I wasn't there yesterday. Good to note another TJet though.
    Since yesterday, I am seeing a lot of new Fiat cars [Punto Evo, Facelifted Linea, Avvy] around Indirapuram. Yesterday, I saw 2 Punto evos, a Red Avvy, new Linea TJet, 2 new Linea MJDs. Today, I noticed a Red Evo, new multijet. Besides this, older versions are seen in routine. The sales numbers are pretty stagnant though. But, it felt good to notice these, specially the Red Evo and Avvy.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    sorry for not providing the information..I was told these items where changed.Sorry for the poor picture :(
    View attachment 80393
    1)engine oil pump
    2)sealing gasket
    3) sealer
    4)oil pump
    I am not keeping good relationship with the service center I just go there for the car's sake.When I asked to check battery once, they removed it and forgot to fix the protective cover, as if to provoke me:banghead: They dont give me any bill for the work they do but for the last one time.They wont even ask for a feedback form assuming i might give negative reply.So I thought to be the best gentle man in town, speaking less..
    I used to send emails asking my queries copying even Mr Mangesh Kodalkar at times,somebody will come to pickup the car, and they will deliver it at my place...
    For this issue alone, car went there 3/4 times, took their tjet test drive car as replacement 2 times(4000/- spent on petrol itself for weekend drives ;) enjoyed every moment of it, dont regret for not buying it for the fuel cost alone ;) dont kill me for saying this ) every time they say its fixed and on seeing the error message I used to loose my temper.At last on a day they called me and asked to bring the car to do the below given job.However the error message didnt come after this.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    sPangasa and Saket Sidana like this.
  10. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @sPangasa, if you have seen this error message more than once, I think you should go to service center and fix this ASAP.They might say its okay,but I think it might damage something.In our 5year old grande punto 115000kms done, Ive never seen such a message.So its coming because something is not normal.In my case it took 2 months and 7700kms for them to fix it.Seeing such an error message and a loud beep before starting our journey is not a good thing.Lots of people in this forum have reported this.So FIAT is having a solution for this.When I asked this to fiat , they said they don't know anyone reporting this .Now at least they know my case :) .you can talk to fiat and mention my case and ask them to check what they did with my car,its their responsibility.Had this happened in Europe or anywhere else, they would have done a recall.After reading this gentle man's post, i was scared ,even stopped using car for a while, i didnt know what to do , its my new car 2 months old.Thank god they fixed it.
    sPangasa likes this.