1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Jaw Dropping Italian Beauty Comes Home

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by sPangasa, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT

Congratulations @sPangasa on the Fiat Linea !!! Wishing you more smiles with the beauty.

I too have the Matiz and love the way it drives. its Cute and Fun. Another Piece of Info is : Fiat had asked for a small car design from the Italian designer Giugiaro for their cinquecento facelift. Giugiaro had readied the Matiz design for Fiat. But Fiat somehow did not take this design. Around the same time, the Korean Daewoo approached Giugiaro, and that design became Daewoo Matiz.
    So the Matiz was designed as a Fiat Facelift :)
    prabhjot, limraj and sPangasa like this.
  2. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @Saket Sidana I read about Klenz, they seem to be good. Will check them out some time soon and update you. Also waiting for you to get your detailing done from them and share the experience with us.

And have a fun trip. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2015 ---
    @Sujit508 Thanks for the wishes. Wow, another Matiz owner. Yes she is a beautiful car. Fun to drive.

So i was always a fan of fiat then :) Good to know all this. I have owned Matiz for more than 14 years now and dint know all this stuff. I am sure my automobile knowledge (which is 0 right now) is going to improve by being with you all on this forum.
    Guys, today while starting the car i got a warning on the MID which read something like "Oil Pressure Warning. Off Engine". On seeing this I quickly turned of the engine and waited for a while. Then started again and it did not come back. waited for few more mins and no warnings at all after that.

Any idea on this and if this is something to worry about and if i need to get it checked?
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sPangasa : congrats on the new car . happy mile crunching!
    Just check the engine oil level. have you parked the car in slope ?
  4. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @Deepak thanks. Nope, there is no slope. Will check the engine oil level.
  5. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Overall I am enjoying each and every moment with her and she is total fun to drive. My friends/family who tried to persuade me to buy anything but fiat now seems to have fallen for this car as well after they actually experience it. I think it’s time that fiat needs to come up with a good marketing strategy. They have really strong products but aren’t marketed correctly. People still have an image of Padmini when you say Fiat to them.

Note to mods: Please feel free to Remove/Modify/Alter in case there are any issues with the thread or content.[/QUOTE]
    Congratulations !!
  6. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    I just checked the Oil level. It is till the max mark (upper end of the mesh) so i don't think the warning came because of the oil level. I have drive about 1500 Kms till now and the oil is almost very clean, not blackish at all. Is it ok?
    Thanks Rama.
  7. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT

Might be a false warning, due to a hurried startup ? Key in the ignition and fire ?

I follow a kind a airplane startup procedure :) Which reduces such errors and makes sure everything is ready.
    1) Gear Neutral - check.
    2) Head lights off - check.
    3) Clutch Pressed - check.
    4) Turn key till Mar position & wait for 10 seconds. ( The Fuel Pump starts priming the line, the ecu does a quick scan on the sensors and is ready )

5) Turn the ignition to start. and then Wait for 15-20 seconds for the engine to idle.

Follow this procedure, atleast during the first startup in the morning. If you still see some errors, then you may need to check with FASS.
    GirishRaghu, sPangasa, Deepak and 2 others like this.
  8. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Well this is exactly what i follow as well. I idle for about 30 seconds in the morning and then keep the car under 2000 rpm till the normal temperature is attained before increasing the rpm. I also turn on AC only once the normal temperature has been reached.

I think it was a false warning as i have checked a couple of time after that and got no warning. Will have to check tomorrow morning though to see if it comes up again.

And i think you are right about the hurried startup thing for today. I always follow the process you mentioned but i remember i was talking to my dad who was with me and wanted to show him some feature of the car and might have started hurriedly. Anyways let me check tomorrow again.
    PradeepM and Sujit508 like this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sPangasa : Fellow TFIan @anoopktla had faced similar issues in his New Linea. May be he can provide you some input.
  10. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @Deepak thank you. I haven't see that warning come up again till now. Let me check for couple of more days and if it does not come up I would just think it came up in error.

hi @anoopktla, could you please share if you had a similar issue. For me, i have seen the insufficient oil pressure just once. Still if you could give some pointers.