1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Japanese/Korean Vs European cars

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Interesting thread, i thought it can generate lot of thoughts in out forum too.
    Japanese or European cars? Whats your pick in India? - Team-BHP

European Cars

- Better build quality
    - Increased stability
    - Safer (generally)
    - More expensive to maintain
    - Technological innovators

Japanese/Korean Cars:

- Lighter and therefore more FE
    - More reliable (in some cases)
    - Cheaper to maintain (generally)
    - Mass-produce new technologies. And make them more reliable.

I love Japanese cars, but would pick European steeds over them. For me, it will always be Octavia over Corolla, Palio over Swift / Getz (maybe) and the Mercedes C Class over the new Camry (Similarly priced). I must add that I was a hardcore Jap boy before, but being with Team-BHP (and the subsequent information) has made me a convert.

Whats your vote?
    3 people like this.
  2. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Europeans all the way.For their Build,Looks and Dynamics.
    1 person likes this.
  3. European for looks,power.

Japanese for economical FE(nothing much to@write about them)

koreans for features.

anyday i will go with the european cars..
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    There is one more category Euro-Japanese cars. Pulse, sunny etc
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    To be frank, i really don't see the point of this thread. Japanese & Korean seem to be mentioned in the same breath in the thread title. And no insult to the Japanese could be bigger than this.

99% of the posts here will be gross generalisations like European cars are well built, Japanese are for FE only etc etc.

Before anyone says anything, it was Japanese manufacturing who put ultra reliable solid cars within everyone's reach, rich or not so rich in the world. How many European manufacturers could boast that? Apart from the ones catering to niche segment. Even the Japanese sports cars combined and continue to combine reliablity and performance.

It was the Japanese who taught the entire world that when it comes to making motorcycles you can have excellent reliability and fun factor. Japan pretty much invented the concept of a superbike. How many MotoGP titles have European teams won? I say as much as F1 titles the Japanese have won - a few or none.

We in India have not really experienced the true depth of Japanese engineering , so we tend to form an opinion based on limited facts. And that is natural. Someone who drives an Etios will pretty much blame Japanese engineering. I have always maintained that the Indian Toyota is very un-Toyota like.

We have to see things from a broader perspective for threads like these to have any meaning whatsoever.

I don't see that happening anytime soon in the Indian auto forums scenario. Especially with people blindly believing whatever is posted on some so called forums. Not directing this at anyone in particular, but the millions of masses who read that forum like a bible.
    3 people like this.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    True Gurji,

Bigger Car Market like in USA, Toyota, Honda & Hyundai are still the market leader.

I can say Honda CIVIC & ACURA are like 20:1 with other Car model in USA.

There are many points to judge European Car with Jap/Korean Car, and its purely depend on user's requirement what they actually wants.

If You say Petrol Car I can't see any other car competing with Honda City in India from it was introduced in car indian car market( Except TJET, FIAT's pathetic strategy made this beauty to move to photo gallery). It is undisputed king in Petrol Car.

Other luxary brand Lexus is yet to come to India.
  7. mitsubishi is not cheap to maintain at all and neither they r cheap to buy..
    i'd love to own an outlander. simply awesome..
    and they r quiet stable
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is interesting.. we have very little exposure to the global portfolio of vehicles from both the east and west and then we try to judge them on that. Do we really have any cars from the East that can compete with the famed European ones?
    The sample of Japanese cars we have here are the real cheap utility vehicles in the major markets and how can we compare them against a Merc or BMW and say Japs are not good.
    But there are some themes that run across the model lines. For Japanese reliability runs through their entire range while ride and handling and design is the forte for the Europeans.
    So my preference depends on the price range. Up to 30-40L it will be European. From 30-40L to 100L it will be advantage Japan. Beyond that I would again fall back to Europe for its elegance.. but reliability is still iffy even in that range :|
    But I really :punch Japanese car makers for thinking life is cheap like their cars at the lower end.
  9. Two moderators are not having same opinion:)
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Who is the second moderator here. :)